My boring white 95 K1500 ECSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VCaddy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's my 95 K1500, 350/4L60E power. This is a shot from the day I bought it, 3 years ago. Yeah, I take my time on projects.

100% stock, ugly chrome rockers, black side molding was trashed. I took the shell off (still have it, handy for keeping stuff dry on long trips), and dumped the terrible highway tires.

You must be registered for see images attach

Took off the side molding, added bug deflector to sort of cut down on the legions of bugs splattering on the windshield. Air dam got smashed by a chunk of ice, so dumped it. Added 265/75/R16 BFG All Terrains. Left the rocker chrome, was afraid to find out what was under it.

Took off the rocker chrome, paint was pretty yellowed under it.

And this is a shot as of today. Pulled the door emblem, and repainted the rockers with some Automotive Touchup 50U paint and 2 part clear. Better than it was.

350 TBI with ultimate mods, 14 PSI AFPR, Hedman LT headers and 2.25" true dual exhaust. Running on Moates APU1 with custom tune.

Things I'm going to do slowly but surely -

14SF swap with Trutrac, might go to 4.10 gears at the same time. Got the axle taking up space in my garage, saving up for all the guts.
4L80E conversion
1.6 rockers while it's still stock, then 355 with Vortec heads when engine rebuild time comes around
Smooth bumper with the fog light holes
Tint the windows so it's not like driving around in a fishbowl
285/75/R16 BFGs next time I need tires
Someday pull all the dents out of the bed and doors

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very nice. It's great to see people personalize their trucks. I still see too many with exact factory styling out there.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
I like that thing, looks good! I wish one of my three was a short bed some days...

Lifted92

Reaction score
Have you seen much improvement in the mpg and hp categories from the TBI mods and the headers? Good lookin pickup by the way

VCaddy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you seen much improvement in the mpg and hp categories from the TBI mods and the headers? Good lookin pickup by the way

Let's see, I did the TBI mods before the headers. Didn't really do much with just the mods. Adding the headers made a big difference, better mid range torque for sure. It keeps the converter locked up slight grades now, used to unlock all the time when it was stock. TBI mods + headers is enough to need adjustments to fueling in the tune, at least for max benefit. I've been running lots of datalogs with the Moates gear, and it's lean from about 1200-2800RPM under most load conditions.

It did get better fuel economy with the headers, but then I replaced the highway tires with the BFGs, and it went down the tubes.

VCaddy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Added some rocker flares for some protection against winter around here. They don't "old man" the truck up too much. I don't know if I'm much of a fan of the chrome bed rail caps on a truck that has minimal chrome now. They're in ratty shape too. Kinda like the black diamond tread ones.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I think it looks pretty good!! Of course I am bias when it comes to clean white trucks!

Lifted92

Reaction score
Thanks man. I've been debating for awhile now whether to get headers or not based on better hp and mpg. But I guess if they really make a good difference I'll have to slap a set on.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice looking truck, I'm liking it! I really like the looks without the trim. How did you go about removing it?

Added some rocker flares for some protection against winter around here. They don't "old man" the truck up too much. I don't know if I'm much of a fan of the chrome bed rail caps on a truck that has minimal chrome now. They're in ratty shape too. Kinda like the black diamond tread ones.

I don't care for the chrome bed rails either. On my white Chevy I got some black ribbed ABS plastic rail covers from Westin. There are great.