my 1998 silverado SAS in progress.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
Finally got it 90% complete tonight. Needs shocks, wheel lug nuts, need to figure out why my tie rod ends won't fit all the way down into the steering arm.. It has 4 lugs per wheel right now lol and i drove it the initial 20 miles for the gears and it seemed to do fine. has quite a bit of bump steer and loves bridges haha. felt like a bucking bronc.but seemed to drive fine, need to mess with the drag link to get the steering wheel straight and needs a tie rod end on the front axle. Other then that i believe its finished.... my buddy is gonna finilize the front crossmember by welding it in hopefully as soon as my new liner for my welder gets in. Gonna be spending money on this next paycheck for atleast 2 more shocks and a dual steering stabilizer kit.so thats a good amount of money right there lol. plusd igot my phone bill which won't be pretty to see hahaa.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Looks great man it also looks a lot like Bentleys truck now. Looking through some of these build threads has gotten me back on the sfa itch, now I need to decide if I want to go camping/wheeling this weekend or go to junkyards and find an axle.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
M/T Classic II's

and hick, i keep forgetting your name, dude do what makes more sense to you. I know this was a **** ton of money and alot of work. and im still not done.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
The name is bobby. And yes while expensive the way I will do it will be completely different than the way you did yours, I do not need to find some ridiculously expensive axle just to reuse my stock case but I also will not be using leafs.
Does it make sense at all? nope but I wanna do it so eventually it will get done if I keep the truck.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
so either coils or coilovers, and a junkyard axle. lol. one part of that sounds cheap :p

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I'm not gonna buy a brand new axle and you are underestimating the amount of junkyards and the selection of parts at these junkyards around Houston.