my 1998 silverado SAS in progress.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks good man.

I'm surprised you get that much bump steer, mine isnt bad at all. I dont run stabilizers. I am going to put a trac bar on it though.

DAGEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How the hell did you burn through a set of wheel bearing's already?

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The question that I have is what type of transfercase do you have. To do with the sas kit. Because my 97 I wanted to do one but because I have autotrac, they said that I have to install an older transfercase, one with the stick shift.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Truck came out good bro! I think I'm gonna save up and ditch the stabilizers for hydro assist. But it will be almost a grand for that. I honestly didn't know that dual steering stabilizers put more strain on the power steering pump

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack your thread... But can anyone help me with the transfercase thing???? I have autotrac though and I wanted to do a sas but I have to get a differnet t case... But I still don't know if it will actually with my truck or not..thats why i'm waiting for jonz71 to respond lol.. If he really does have autotrac or not.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack your thread... But can anyone help me with the transfercase thing???? I have autotrac though and I wanted to do a sas but I have to get a differnet t case... But I still don't know if it will actually with my truck or not..thats why i'm waiting for jonz71 to respond lol.. If he really does have autotrac or not.

you just swap to a np241

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
sorry guys just been busy, i finally got a front shaft for it. and took it out and buried it in a lake bed, then broke the driveshaft hahaha. greast times, and i run a NP243 with a 1330 CV yoke. and i already broke the upper control arm mount where my shock hoops go lol

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
if you guys notice in my pics on the page 7 my camber is horrible, since then i realized i had adjustable camber kit in it and adjusted it to within specs haha