progress on my truck, but have some questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But some kind of data and live info would be nice.

Any preference on brand or model?
There's multiple threads on this site asking that same question. A search would reveal them.

When it was my money, I bought used Snap-On scan tools from sellers on eBay. 20+ years ago, MT/MTG2500 plus accessories; when that got gasoline dumped on it and essentially ruined two or three years ago, I went with a Snappy Solus Pro with some accessories.

The Solus Pro had 8.2 software (2008, 2nd quarter) good for most everything up to 2007. (Not new enough to do an ABS auto-bleed on my '97 K2500. THAT needs software from at least 2009, but 14.2 has it for sure.) I paid $350 shipped to my door before Biden and VOWL-19 ruined the economy.

As should be obvious, I'd rather have a "used" professional-grade scan tool than a brand-new "consumer"-grade tool.

There are other solutions that I have zero experience with, and a "loaner" MT2500 donated by a member here, and available by getting on the waiting list on this web site.

noom14921992

Reaction score
There's multiple threads on this site asking that same question. A search would reveal them.

When it was my money, I bought used Snap-On scan tools from sellers on eBay. 20+ years ago, MT/MTG2500 plus accessories; when that got gasoline dumped on it and essentially ruined two or three years ago, I went with a Snappy Solus Pro with some accessories.

The Solus Pro had 8.2 software (2008, 2nd quarter) good for most everything up to 2007. (Not new enough to do an ABS auto-bleed on my '97 K2500. THAT needs software from at least 2009, but 14.2 has it for sure.) I paid $350 shipped to my door before Biden and VOWL-19 ruined the economy.

As should be obvious, I'd rather have a "used" professional-grade scan tool than a brand-new "consumer"-grade tool.

There are other solutions that I have zero experience with, and a "loaner" MT2500 donated by a member here, and available by getting on the waiting list on this web site.
i saw some of those threads. i seem to be having a time finding stuff online. time has moved on and the old stuff is getting harder and more expensive to find.

i will keep looking and also will keep trying to get my idle issue resolved.

nicksuspect

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i saw some of those threads. i seem to be having a time finding stuff online. time has moved on and the old stuff is getting harder and more expensive to find.

i will keep looking and also will keep trying to get my idle issue resolved.
I'm having a issue like yours right now. Drives fine but at idle it dips and comes right back. Does it intermediately. Like you almost every is new on the block. The only thing I haven't changed in the iac, throttle body, ckp sensor. I did experience bogging going uphill but I changed the egr because it was getting stuck no matter how much I cleaned it with brake cleaner. Fixed the bogging but still dips at idle. I have a feeling it's the intake manifold still causing a vacuum leak. I can see oil seeping the intake manifold valley in the front. And that's a straight vacuum leak. I'm most likely gonna redo the intake seal and make sure I use a little more sealer on the valley wall on the intake