Newbie (sort of) 1998 w/t

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

droptopcat70

Reaction score
Hello all,

i been a member for a while and never got to introduce myself. My name is pat and i`m from Hastings FL. In 2014 my wife and i bought for my son a 1998 chevy 1500 w/t 4.3 v6 shortbed for his 1st vehicle. It had the single glass headlights and the p/o tried to do something 2 tone with the interior (blue and black). We changed the front end to a silverado grille and the dual headlights. For christmas in 2014 i put a set of the SS 454 wheels on it and he drove it till he graduated in 2015 and went into the military then signed it back over to my wife. I since then put 60/40 split bench in blue (interior is blue) from a 97 1500, upgraded the master cylinder to the NBS system, put a rear sway bar in from a suburban, and now i`m tackling the interior going from manual windows to power and fixing the a/c system, which i`m hoping to have done by fall.

thanks again.

Pat

p.s. that little door you see on the bed , it was a opening for a propane hookup. I told the p/o that we do not want it .

Attachments

• 98 chevy.jpg
    98 chevy.jpg
    543.3 KB · Views: 35

droptopcat70

Reaction score
Welcome, those chrome wheels really set it off nicely.
Thank you for the great comment ! The truck is really fun to drive and gets alot of looks. I am looking forward to getting it power windows and the a/c working. Here in FL with that not working and the defrost not working its a bear to drive when it pours out. Need a rag to wipe the windshield..

thanks
pat

droptopcat70

Reaction score
Good looking truck! What's the end goal with it?
Well, i really want to get the interior done right. The truck was originally a W/T so no power options at all. So i am going to piece by piece get all the power window and locks assembly`s for both doors, get the main wiring harness and replace it all as i have to because the dash is really destroyed. Get the a/c working properly and for now drive it and enjoy it. I was going to build a 327 for it but that got scratched. I mean the 4.3 in it runs great, i/we had the transmission completly overhauled. I guess you can say just make it a nice cruiser and have fun with it. Not looking to make it a dragon slayer beast.

thanks
pat

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, even thought you have been a member for some time, you don't have a lot of post. Hope to see the progress on your truck.

droptopcat70

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, even thought you have been a member for some time, you don't have a lot of post. Hope to see the progress on your truck.
Ken,

i`ll see if i can find some old pictures of the truck when we 1st got it in 2014. Just a plain jane, steel wheels had a tool box on back, and single headlights setup. It has come a long way since then.

thanks
pat