My 1996 k1500 ecsb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PapaBear1500

Reaction score
ok so my package is now in ga..... the brown man should be dropping it off tomorrow, but nothing will get done till next week when i actually have time. my truck will be getting work done and a guy at work has a crapshot ford us that im doing oil pan gasket front crank seal timing belt plugs wires and serp as well as timing tensioner and idler pully. god save me this us will be the end of me. i hate this car.... but its money in my pocket.

now as far as the work goes for my truck. ive been having a high idle issue and i think ive narrowed it down to the t.p.s. but i seem to have lost my voltohm meter in the midst of bringing all my tools home so i can't quite test it. cleaned all connections and all electrical parts as well as the i.a.c. and throttle body and the high idle is still there but i can unplug the t.p.s. shut the truck off for about 3 mins to let the trans reset and it will start and idle fine... any thoughts from yall as far a direction of problem?

and not to mention im now working on a custom built center console that may very well be very evil :D

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
Well my truck was high idling and a new IAC solved that easily.
My truck was also having trouble staying on and continued to drop rpm's and a new TPS sensor solved that one.