Me again, was under the truck today and found this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Appreciate it lads, you've been a big help, getting it sorted next week (xmas time smh) got a few other small bits that need doing too, nothing major which is cool! Love these trucks, while they're becoming more common in NZ, they're still not cheap out her haha!

I wonder if I've seen your truck... A while back driving from Rotorua to Aukland I saw a red regular cab stepside on the highway!

JODiE_DLN

Reaction score
I wonder if I've seen your truck... A while back driving from Rotorua to Aukland I saw a red regular cab stepside on the highway!
Was it carrying something in the tray? High chance it was me! Have been backwards and forwards from Auckland a lot lately, and have seen many GMT400s on the road! Nice to see a fellow NZer on here, what truck do you own? :) Just off topic, we have set up a facebook group for NZ GMT400, if you just search that on facebook, you should find our group!

Edit: Juts noticed you may not be from NZ, looking a ya post and signature, either way still more than welcome to join the group :)

Tiny Trucker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Read this thread a few times and didn't realise it was from another Kiwi!

Hope you get it sorted, I would definitely take the inspection cover off and have a look before driving it more, just incase its a backed out bolt or the flex plate or something loose.

I am right between Aux and Rotovegas :boti:

prestoxo

Reaction score
Looks possibly like it may have been dented in to where it was rubbing on the starter gear and was cut and bent back (dog eared) to create clearance.

totlu81

Reaction score
If I was to make a guess I would say that someone cut it to make an opening to either tighten or loosen the torque converter. In the pics you can see the end of two cuts that don't quite meet. They used a cut off tool to cut the piece out. The edge of the hole closest to the oil pan is bent out a little either on purpose or by use of the hole with a wrench.

Boston88

Reaction score
Years ago I had a truck, Chevy of course, and it had a strange sound when I started it and a rattle when driving. When I dropped the tranny the outer part of the flex plate fell to the floor. The inner part was still bolted to the crank. It started and ran, I was just looking for why the noise was coming from there. Still have it on the wall of the garage I think but way to cold to go look today. All three parts of the inner web were broken but it still held together and worked. It might let the torque converter move a bit and chew up the cover. my 2 cents

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Was it carrying something in the tray? High chance it was me! Have been backwards and forwards from Auckland a lot lately, and have seen many GMT400s on the road! Nice to see a fellow NZer on here, what truck do you own? :) Just off topic, we have set up a facebook group for NZ GMT400, if you just search that on facebook, you should find our group!

Edit: Juts noticed you may not be from NZ, looking a ya post and signature, either way still more than welcome to join the group :)

Hmm I can't remember, honestly.

Don't live there, was just visiting for a week. I love it there!

johnny_buchanan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 2 cents go with the ’done on purpose to either check or get something out’ theory.

Pls. let us know if you find out what caused it?

-J

Sent from my NSA monitored iPhone using Tapatalk