Max tire size for 4 and 6 inch IFS 1998 GMC lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I have the four inch RCX and dont want to make it a six could I fit 35's??? I have the AAL I just was curious to find that out if it would work with just the block out back! Sorry if I thread jacked.
:hmm: I thought I posted in here already.

You're going to have to do some cutting on the bumper an fenders to fit 35's on the 4". Then I don't think you will have very much flex room left, either front or rear. My 305/70 are a tight fit an rub the valence.

You must be registered for see images attach

tld0520

Reaction score
I had the 4.5" lift spindles up front and 2" blocks in the back. I posted pics of what it looked like. I run 33's that came on the rims I bought an have no rubbing problems. Could probably get 35's if or when I get new tires.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
:hmm: I thought I posted in here already.

You're going to have to do some cutting on the bumper an fenders to fit 35's on the 4". Then I don't think you will have very much flex room left, either front or rear. My 305/70 are a tight fit an rub the valence.

For some reason mine doesnt look nearly as stuffed on 305/70 r16s. I dont come near rubbing they actually look a little small to me sometimes

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a buddy with an OBS with a 4" ProComp sitting on 315x75x16 BFG's with stock wheels and it clears just fine. Granted BFG's run kinda small but still

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking. If you can run them with stock crank, a block and minimal trimming why not on a four inch lift!

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:shrug: idk then its going to depend in rims then I guess. I don't think I could run them on mine but I don't want the stuffed looks either. I'm going to be raising mine up some more eventually for more clearance an keeping the 305.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
I cant wait until you do that I want to see it so bad! haha After you do it it will surely make me think hard about it PLEASE post pics as soon as you get it done!

taco ed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am leaning hard towards a 6 inch w/ 36 or 37's on 18/19 inch rims/wheels
's ( as they say now) I like the look you guys have w/ my OBS crew cab you need more lift to make the truck look lifted. it's as long as a whale!

SLIMZ71

Reaction score
I cant even tell that you trimmed them! did you use a drimmel tool or what? I am not a body guy but have a friend who can do it . so that is 35's w/ a 4 inch lift??

This is 35s with just torsion keys and crank. My front valence is trimmed but i haven't touched the bumper. Wheel offset has a lot to do with what size tires you can fit. The closer to stock the bigger you can go. Ive seen 33s with some serious bumper trimming on wide wheels

Sparg93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am leaning hard towards a 6 inch w/ 36 or 37's on 18/19 inch rims/wheels
's ( as they say now) I like the look you guys have w/ my OBS crew cab you need more lift to make the truck look lifted. it's as long as a whale!

It will look pretty amazing, but be prepared to starting swapping out parts b/c those 37's are going to wear down your front end.

My recommendation, when you do the lift...bank on an extra day or two and swap out EVERYTHING in that front end (bearings, pitman, idler, control arm bushings, etc etc). With your truck apart, it will save you hours of work down the road. Go with the good stuff too, ACDelco/Moog Problem Solvers & Timken Bearings...no cheap stuff.