Max tire size for 4 and 6 inch IFS 1998 GMC lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

taco ed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to lift the 3/4 ton crew cab - I am looking for the max tire size you can run with a 4 inch AND a 6 inch - I haven't decided which one I want yet but I am leaning towards a 4 inch. Also can you please break it down in old school tire size along with the new metric crap that we have adopted I miss being to understand 14x35x15 .. I just don't get the P 265 blah blah blah.. I currently have 16 inch rims/wheels but I am sure they are out of size style for most tires today.. I would like to run a 35 inch tire on a 4 inch lift if I could.? Thanks in advance..

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
a 35 inch tire on a 4 inch lift is possible, there would just be trimming involved if not cutting of bumper too.

SLIMZ71

Reaction score
im running 35's with just torsion keys for a lift. the fenders are trimmed a little and the front valence is trimmed also but is hardly noticed. So youll be fine with 35s and a 4 inch lift

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes... have any pics? I'm tossing around the idea of dropping my current lift for something smaller and swapping back to stock wheels but still keeping the 35's since I'm regeared with 4.88's....

SLIMZ71

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Its an old pic from when i had the bfg ats. I kinda wish i had went with the 4 inch suspension lift just for overall height. with 35s it doesnt sit much higher than a lot of new trucks stock.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Its an old pic from when i had the bfg ats. I kinda wish i had went with the 4 inch suspension lift just for overall height. with 35s it doesnt sit much higher than a lot of new trucks stock.

LOVE IT