Max tire size for 4 and 6 inch IFS 1998 GMC lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My recommendation, when you do the lift...bank on an extra day or two and swap out EVERYTHING in that front end (bearings, pitman, idler, control arm bushings, etc etc). With your truck apart, it will save you hours of work down the road. Go with the good stuff too, ACDelco/Moog Problem Solvers & Timken Bearings...no cheap stuff.

:word: That's some good advice. Yes, it'll make the initial install cost more but it'll be worth doing it while everything is taken apart.

mr98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey, I don't mean to highjack the thread but I need to know what brand those wheels are, I have been looking for a pair like those.

You must be registered for see images attach

Its an old pic from when i had the bfg ats. I kinda wish i had went with the 4 inch suspension lift just for overall height. with 35s it doesnt sit much higher than a lot of new trucks stock.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Looks like mickey Thompson or eagle alloy

Sent from a wannabe ipad

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
If you like to flex dont go bigger than 35's trust me :) ....unless you have a money tree. Im on pro comp 6inch + 35's. took valance off because it rubbed when I offroad. Rear tires can barley fit when flexed out. Rear fender flares are beat up from bashing them.
I seriously dont know how all you guys fit these bigger tires without major problems. (Im talking IFS)

Im sure you can cruise around town with bigger, but put a load on it or go offroading/ mudding you will be sorry when your $300 tires are all chopped up.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
If I have the four inch RCX and dont want to make it a six could I fit 35's??? I have the AAL I just was curious to find that out if it would work with just the block out back! Sorry if I thread jacked.

Bro, if i can fit 35's with a 2'' block and crank.. you can run 35's with a 4'' :cheers:

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Am I the only one running 35's with a simple 40$ 2''aluminum block kit and a torsion bar crank? :mario: and my front end isnt even cranked much due to fatigue torsion bars.

Last edited: