Max tire size for 4 and 6 inch IFS 1998 GMC lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
woah did you go 6 inch?!

You know it! When I added my 3/4 ton leaf springs they added about two and a half inches out back. I also switched to 3/4 ton torsion bars and cranked to just about level. The rear is a little higher than the back still I just didnt want to crank the hell out of it :wink:

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
You know it! When I added my 3/4 ton leaf springs they added about two and a half inches out back. I also switched to 3/4 ton torsion bars and cranked to just about level. The rear is a little higher than the back still I just didnt want to crank the hell out of it :wink:

How does it ride now?

Sparg93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I cranked it up originally on the 1/2 ton bars it rode like crap but when I put the 3/4 ton bars I swear it made the fronts ride quality a million times better!

With the 3/4t torsion bars, what keys did you end up running?

taco ed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so the deed is done/ has been done for about 4 months now.. I went with the SupeLift 6 inch lift and I love the ride ! HOWEVER--- Super lift did drop the ball on a few things 1) they said the kit was in but once I placed the order they called the shop and said they were out and it would take 4 weeks + to build the kit-- it took 6 weeks 2) when it came in and was minus several parts.. I had to wait 2 days to have then ship to me ( very sad on the quality control side ) but this seems so typical of American service now days..We have lost sight of customer service in this country... So Im not a big fan of Super Lift's service ... However the kit rocks!1 and I love the kit-- It was a pain to put on and took 3 days...But the lift works great and the truck sits an easy 6-1/2 inches higher than stock. I also went with the real lift TB re-locators these things rock and make the lift look so much better- I also went with rear add a leafs and shackle reverse shackles from ORD-- NO BLOCKS!! the combo is just stellar!! the truck is running on 35 MT/TTCs and it has never been a better ride- I love the ride -the height- the low tire noise- this was the right choice for me!! Thank you to everyone who gave input and advice I took everything to heart and made my choice and I am very happy. Thanks guys!! BTW if you use the same kit and shackle reverse I am pretty sure 37s are an easy fit w/o cranking any on the T-Bars I have a lot of room.. its craxy!! 37s will be next but 37 MT/TTCs until they bring back Ground Hawgs!! ( GOD I miss the Hawgs!!)

Clutch1819

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a 4 inch rcx on my 98 and was running 35s on stock 16 inch wheels without any trimming. Scrubbed my sway bar a little if I turned sharp. I know quite a few people running the same and hasn't done any trimming.

Sent from my SCH-I405

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I ran 37s on a superlift with a 3 inch body lift. I wouldn't really suggest it, in myexperience the superllift kit is weak, the drop brackets on mine cracked in 2 separate places just being daily driven. maybe the have redisigned the kit but who knows.

You must be registered for see images attach

Clutch1819

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Superlift still uses the old design. The lift I have is the older ( probably original) design rcx lift. I had to get a few parts for it from superlift cause its the same

Sent from my SCH-I405

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Ok so the deed is done/ has been done for about 4 months now.. I went with the SupeLift 6 inch lift and I love the ride ! HOWEVER--- Super lift did drop the ball on a few things 1) they said the kit was in but once I placed the order they called the shop and said they were out and it would take 4 weeks + to build the kit-- it took 6 weeks 2) when it came in and was minus several parts.. I had to wait 2 days to have then ship to me ( very sad on the quality control side ) but this seems so typical of American service now days..We have lost sight of customer service in this country... So Im not a big fan of Super Lift's service ... However the kit rocks!1 and I love the kit-- It was a pain to put on and took 3 days...But the lift works great and the truck sits an easy 6-1/2 inches higher than stock. I also went with the real lift TB re-locators these things rock and make the lift look so much better- I also went with rear add a leafs and shackle reverse shackles from ORD-- NO BLOCKS!! the combo is just stellar!! the truck is running on 35 MT/TTCs and it has never been a better ride- I love the ride -the height- the low tire noise- this was the right choice for me!! Thank you to everyone who gave input and advice I took everything to heart and made my choice and I am very happy. Thanks guys!! BTW if you use the same kit and shackle reverse I am pretty sure 37s are an easy fit w/o cranking any on the T-Bars I have a lot of room.. its craxy!! 37s will be next but 37 MT/TTCs until they bring back Ground Hawgs!! ( GOD I miss the Hawgs!!)

We need pictures!