Light restoration on 2000 k2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sparky24

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Restoration/build on 2000 k2500

Re did the rear of my k2500, replaced everything that needed to be, ubolts, shock mounts, spring mounts, shackles, brake lines, etc etc. Painted the frame with coal tar epoxy primer. Fabricated new rear crossmembers because of rotted out x brace. New hitch. Everything installed with grade 8 hardware.

New bilstein shocks in the mail and all i really have left to do is change out the front brake lines, put the bed back on , and relocate the rear bumper with new mounting brackets, the truck came to me with a NBS bumper on the rear but had really hacked up mounting brackets. The previous owner had a new tank installed with all new lines.

The only bad thing is that the front of the truck looks so bad underneath now compared to the rear that i want to pull the motor and jack the cab to redo it lol... fawk. thats for next year though
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

sparky24

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks guys

got the shocks on all brake lines made, just making small body lift for the bed to get it over a couple of the bolts and im good to go

Shwagon

Reaction score
Awsome work! Rust is starting to get the better of my K2500, need to do the exact same thing...

sparky24

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah im gunna run this one till the frame breaks in half, it beast shelling out 35k for a new 2500 HD

sparky24

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally finished it. For now. I changed out the axle gear oil with amsoil severe gear 75w-90, installed a new breather pipe in it, and a brass fill plug. Installed some new 285/75/16 tires, rides nice now.

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
I opened this thread expecting "Hey guys, I wet sanded and polished my headlights, how do they look?" I wasn't expecting all that. Good job man.

sparky24

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

picked up a new drop hitch today

Last edited: