Light restoration on 2000 k2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
oh i see you have a newer bumper too! that looks right at home there! great job on the resto!

sparky24

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea the bumper is off a NBS truck, had to fabricate some mounting brackets for it b/c the mounting points were way off

Actually the next thing i want to do is put on some new cab mounts because the bed doesnt line up very well with the cab, i actually installed 1/4 plate shims under the bed mounting points to raise it up over some of the bolts i installed.

A friend of mine has some poly cab mounts he has had for years laying around il see if i can get them for like 10 bucks i will shim them with some plate if i have to

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Do you mind posting a picture of your brackets for the nbs bumper? I really like that

sparky24

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you mind posting a picture of your brackets for the nbs bumper? I really like that

In one of the first pictures i posted you can see the mount before i finished it, just tack welded together it gives you an idea of how i made them

You must be registered for see images attach

sparky24

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the bumper really gives the truck an updated look, im trying to think of some way to do that with the front but coming up with nothin

sparky24

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
tcase fluid and tranny fluid/filter this weekend. Planning on using castrol dex/merc

sparky24

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No lol but i just picked up a 1999 silverado 2500 6.0L with 156k miles that needs the same treatment (worse actually). paid 700 bucks for it and drove it home at 90!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

sparky24

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i used rustoleum COAL TAR epoxy primer. Its a two part epoxy that mixes like molasses. I sprayed it but you can only spray it with a pressure pot gun and a .086 or larger gun orifice. In the future i think i will just brush it on, on the other hand it is impossible to get all the nooks and crannys of the frame unless you spray.

Its a steel ship primer rated for salt water immersion

You know i sort of ed up when i assembled everything, i should really have used sealant between everything i bolted to the frame to keep the water and or road salt out. I will probably pull the bed off again this summer and seal it up, sounds like a lot of work but honestly its just 8 bolts, disconnect the wiring, and lift with a chainfall.

Last edited: