Last photo "shoot" of the year for me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red91

Hi, I'm Red
Reaction score
very impressed at how pristine your interior is.

That interior is pristine, but it really highlights how GM just didn't give a **** about matching interior colors ha.l

Thanks guys. It's clean but not pristine, the dash is destroying itself this year (Why is beyond me!) the headliner is toast and I am missing the rear trim panel that goes on the top side of the back window, I got it when I bought the truck (P.O. took it out for some reason) and all the tabs were gone. Since I have to do the headliner I want to grab on out of a regular cab with the dome light in it.

First thing for me. Well... If you must have ventvisors, swap to the smoked plastic ones that attach in the channel?

Amazing how one small change draws the eye to other things huh???

It's not that I have to have them personally, these ones are drilled on from the backside. The mounting bolts are hidden by the window seal. They have grown on my but there are little pin holes in my door if I take them off. Apparently they have been on the truck since it was new too.

Great Shots, Favorite truck man.

As always man I appreciate the compliments!

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love this truck. I've said it before and I'll say it again, don't update that grille, no matter how much the temptation arises. It's so refreshing to see the old school grilles these days.

As you already know, this is by far the top shot of your shoot.

You must be registered for see images attach

I tweaked it just a bit to make it pop a little more.

I feel this one could have been a really good shot as well if the wheels were just turned the other way.

When shooting with the wheels turned, it's always best to have the face of the wheel aimed toward the lens.

Nice work. I always enjoy looking at this truck. :cool:

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
truck looks great!! what did you use to tweak it to make it "pop"?

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
When shooting with the wheels turned, it's always best to have the face of the wheel aimed toward the lens.

Listen to this guy, he has experience! People want to see that nice expensive wheel you spent all that time to maintain. No matter how "cool" your tread is, it won't look good in a photo. :lol:

Dubya

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
your truck is awesome sir. the interior looks perfect! i wouldn't change a thing

Red91

Hi, I'm Red
Reaction score
I love this truck. I've said it before and I'll say it again, don't update that grille, no matter how much the temptation arises. It's so refreshing to see the old school grilles these days.

As you already know, this is by far the top shot of your shoot.

I tweaked it just a bit to make it pop a little more.

I feel this one could have been a really good shot as well if the wheels were just turned the other way.

As always thanks for the compliment, tweak and the tip! It looks great. I honestly didn't even think about the wheel, but I see what you mean! Why do you say that this is the "top shot" Honestly I am not a HUGE fan of it but it seems to strike a positive cord with everyone else. Honestly I am not a huge fan of the whole shoot but that is only because I see all the little things that are driving me nuts.

Thanks!

Listen to this guy, he has experience! People want to see that nice expensive wheel you spent all that time to maintain. No matter how "cool" your tread is, it won't look good in a photo. :lol:

Lol my badass $80 front tires!

trucks like these should stay nice and basic... i dont think id change a thing from what you have it now...

your truck is awesome sir. the interior looks perfect! i wouldn't change a thing

You 2 are crazy! I can't stop doing at least little things! But all of us can agree, the little flaws on our trucks slowly drive us crazy! Lol. I appreciate the compliments guys!

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I adjusted the levels a bit and upped the saturation.

Why do you say that this is the "top shot" Honestly I am not a HUGE fan of it but it seems to strike a positive cord with everyone else.

1. None of the other shots would ever be able to stand out because of the wheels being turned the wrong way. That's a big deal in automotive photography. If you took this same shot and turned the wheels the other way, it would instantly be ruined from a photography standpoint.
2. The truck is parked at a perfect angle, giving a nice 3/4 front shot.
3. The camera was taken from a nice, low angle. A lot of your other shots look like they were taken from about eye level, so you're looking down on the truck. The best shots are taken from the height of the headlights or mirrors and put you face-to-face with the vehicle.
4. The grass in the foreground gives the image some depth. It would be better if those 2 blades of grass weren't actually in front of the door the way they are, but they don't really hurt the shot and could be easily cloned out.
5. It's just a really nice setting for the shot. It was a nice, overcast day, which gives good lighting without pesky shadows all over, yet gives some cool reflections on the windshield. It's a nice, fall scene with the leaves all over the ground and all the different colors of leaves.

Honestly I am not a huge fan of the whole shoot but that is only because I see all the little things that are driving me nuts.

You will always be more critical of your own work than anyone else that looks at it. I'm the same way with my stuff.

rightisray

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys. It's clean but not pristine, the dash is destroying itself this year (Why is beyond me!) the headliner is toast and I am missing the rear trim panel that goes on the top side of the back window, I got it when I bought the truck (P.O. took it out for some reason) and all the tabs were gone. Since I have to do the headliner I want to grab on out of a regular cab with the dome light in it.

Just for your information, the upper rear window trim out of a regular cab will not fit in our extended cabs. They are different widths, ours being wider. I had wanted to do the same thing and even had one pulled, didn't realize the difference until I went to install the dang thing.

Red91

Hi, I'm Red
Reaction score
I adjusted the levels a bit and upped the saturation.

1. None of the other shots would ever be able to stand out because of the wheels being turned the wrong way. That's a big deal in automotive photography. If you took this same shot and turned the wheels the other way, it would instantly be ruined from a photography standpoint.
2. The truck is parked at a perfect angle, giving a nice 3/4 front shot.
3. The camera was taken from a nice, low angle. A lot of your other shots look like they were taken from about eye level, so you're looking down on the truck. The best shots are taken from the height of the headlights or mirrors and put you face-to-face with the vehicle.
4. The grass in the foreground gives the image some depth. It would be better if those 2 blades of grass weren't actually in front of the door the way they are, but they don't really hurt the shot and could be easily cloned out.
5. It's just a really nice setting for the shot. It was a nice, overcast day, which gives good lighting without pesky shadows all over, yet gives some cool reflections on the windshield. It's a nice, fall scene with the leaves all over the ground and all the different colors of leaves.

You will always be more critical of your own work than anyone else that looks at it. I'm the same way with my stuff.

I will keep that in mind! Thanks for the tips! Hopefully I will have a few things don for a good spring shoot!

Just for your information, the upper rear window trim out of a regular cab will not fit in our extended cabs. They are different widths, ours being wider. I had wanted to do the same thing and even had one pulled, didn't realize the difference until I went to install the dang thing.

Looks like I will have to do some modification, but thanks for saving me the time!