Jesse the resurrected 91 GMC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GEORGIABOY27

Reaction score
Hello and thanks for the add, I just recently aquired a 91 GMC 4.3 lwb auto from a buddy that belonged to his father in law and then passed on to his son after he passed, well needless to say his son didn't take very good care of it other than putting gas in it and crashing it up, somehow eventually breaking the tranny dipstick tube and then just parking it under a tree and bushes and letting them brow over it...long story short after a few years of watching it sit and asking a bunch of times if he would sell it finally he said come get it and take it! When we went to pick it up I thought it was going to be a long repair job and was sure it was going to probably be in line for a big block I had at the time and probably ran hard, but low and behold we thru a battery in and it fired right up and ran! And super quiet too....noticed it had a small pinhole leak from the fuel line so we quickly pulled it out into the street and drove it onto the trailer. Got it home and after a few weeks I started the process of stripping and cleaning and replacing every damaged including bed and hood,back window, super scrubbed head to toe, repaired seat sliders, dash and stereo conversion along with all four speakers, charged the ac, repaired the brake master, dipstick tube,new tires, and so far this has been one of the nicest trucks to drive I have ever owned....so I named it accordingly after its original owner Jesse... who used to drive it from Florida to New York quite frequently but apparently before his grandson got it he took very good care of it and the services because it still runs great! Only has one issue at the moment and that is the wiring for the running lights... apparently someone did some work to the wiring and it had melted and did some damage to the harness but nothing a day of cussing couldn't fix, but at the moment I have the relay disconnected because they had two orange wires from the relay connected together but it is blowing the fuse, looked at schematics but cant find anything to help....anyone that can help or lives in central Florida that could help would be awesome....thanks for adding me and although I have built alot old Chevys I am ready to learn more about the obs trucks from you guys.
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• IMG_20230210_163328908.jpg
    IMG_20230210_163328908.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20230114_111211954_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230114_111211954_HDR.jpg
    672.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20230114_114628243_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230114_114628243_HDR.jpg
    423.2 KB · Views: 20

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome and congratulations on your score, persistence pays off sometime. These trucks are like (most) kids, ya love em, are questioning your decision to have one, baffled, stumped and left in tears at the beginning.......but at the end, totally worth it! And ya....cussin while working on these is a prerequisite.
Enjoy and keep us updated on your journey.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Welcome and congratulations on your score, persistence pays off sometime. These trucks are like (most) kids, ya love em, are questioning your decision to have one, baffled, stumped and left in tears at the beginning.......but at the end, totally worth it! And ya....cussin while working on these is a prerequisite.
Enjoy and keep us updated on your journey.
Exactly! I call my two "my metal kids".....

GEORGIABOY27

Reaction score
Will get more photos up, other than the electrical gremlin and almost melted dash harness due to the running lights and relay conglomeration they had going on under there, everything seems okay, I just need to find someone that can get me a pic of how the running lights should be connected thru the fuse panel and the relay.... Lol

GEORGIABOY27

Reaction score
Update, started process of elimination and changing parts to discover the plugs were sot and all gapped over 55...lol, wires cap and rotor were shot, chaged o2 sensor, and removed bed again and changed fuel pump and filter and immediately after drove it over the weekend from Saint Cloud Florida to CubRun Kentucky hauling my Harley in the back to go to the Sturgis Kentucky bike rally! I have now fell in love with this truck all over again....the fuel mileage was awesome! Thisbtruck performed flawlessly....this truck rocks...863 miles both directions! This is a pic on the way up come out the mountains in Tennessee...for a 4.3 this thing isnt happy unless it's doing 75-80 mph...lol, its a camper special it says in the glove box, the tank is huge apparently....