L31 intake swap-I am actually doing it not a question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998regcab

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good news the seal was there between the rear main housing and the block. I had installed the actual rear main seal backwards :lol:. Oh well I have the transmission, transfercase, and crossmember all reinstalled. Hopefully I can get this running tomorrow.

1998regcab

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drove it out of the garage this evening. I am going to need a quieter muffler
You must be registered for see images
. But it has a small drip coming out of the bell housing but I am not too worried I think it'll clear up

1998regcab

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has full exhaust now you just wouldn't know it lol. I have a video it's just on the gopro so I keep forgetting to upload it. I'll try to tonight

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know I'm looking to do an intake swap and was hoping to know how this did. I'm guessing that the was gutless on the bottom though

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I know I'm looking to do an intake swap and was hoping to know how this did. I'm guessing that the was gutless on the bottom though

Multiport fuel injection doesn't really work like that. With the injectors at the port, the runner's only have to carry air, so making them long, only restricts airflow. Cam choice becomes more important on a short runner engine though.