L31 intake swap-I am actually doing it not a question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998regcab

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This-
You must be registered for see images attach

Is going on this-

And being forced into this-

My build is on FSC (http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/...formance/518831-1998regcabs-vortec-build.html) but I will add on this one from now on as well. Feel free to read through it and ask me any questions.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Doing a carbed vortec huh? Nice. I might be doing the same on my truck also a swb k1500.

Why the single plane? What are your intensions?

I like the truck. Can you post more pics of the wheels? What kind are they? Thanks

What are the specs on the motor?

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Doing a carbed vortec huh? Nice. I might be doing the same on my truck also a swb k1500.

I like the truck. Can you post more pics of the wheels? What kind are they? Thanks

I read through his thread on fsc. He is looking at running either a Holley commander or a 411 with either his vortec throttle body or possibly an ls throttle body. He has a nice engine build and is using the LT4 hot cam. It ought to be a nice streetable engine with the possibility of 400hp at the crank.

1998regcab

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way on the carb lol. Specs- L31 out of a suburban, bored to 355, forged flat tops, LT4 hotcam, screw in rocker studs, LS6 springs, 1.6 full roller rockers, LS7 lifters, Edelbrock Super Victor EFI intake manifold, 24x tone ring conversion, LS coil packs, 0411 PCM. I am going to call it the LS31 lol.

1998regcab

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

I went with a single plane because I could not find a dual plane that I liked and wouldn't need modification. Thank you the wheels are Mickey Thompson Sidebiters I will post some pictures here in a bit.

I read through his thread on fsc. He is looking at running either a Holley commander or a 411 with either his vortec throttle body or possibly an ls throttle body. He has a nice engine build and is using the LT4 hot cam. It ought to be a nice streetable engine with the possibility of 400hp at the crank.

I am kind of leaning towards a stock throttle body just for ease of getting this together, eventually I may put a bigger one on.

I'm excited for this!

Me too! LOL

1998regcab

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

I picked up a throttle body, EVAP solenoid, and some electrical connectors from the junkyard today.

Then I ran into my first two fitment issues.

First one I will make something to replace the black piece because without it there is plenty of room

For the second one I am just going to cut that bottom tab of the bracket off and then weld another one on.