L31 intake swap-I am actually doing it not a question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998regcab

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

1998regcab

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It should be done by next month.

Cool piece that will probably help the marine intake guys as well. I didn't want to drill into the intake but I wanted to run the coolant bypass.

13.robb

Reaction score
Couple of questions. I have a whipple i'm finishing up here. I do not see an egr provision, Most smog states this has to be there (or at least look like it :)
Part numbers on the intake would be a great help, also what is the installed height? I had to raise my supercharger and ac compressor an additional 1/2" to clear the valve covers i have. Looking to do something with my intake in the future as well as pcm work. Marine intakes seem pretty hard to come by. Thanks. Robb

1998regcab

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couple of questions. I have a whipple i'm finishing up here. I do not see an egr provision, Most smog states this has to be there (or at least look like it :)
Part numbers on the intake would be a great help, also what is the installed height? I had to raise my supercharger and ac compressor an additional 1/2" to clear the valve covers i have. Looking to do something with my intake in the future as well as pcm work. Marine intakes seem pretty hard to come by. Thanks. Robb

Uhh EGR... its invisible... yeah that's it, it's there it's just invisible :rotflmao:. But yeah I am not running one. I am not planning on making it look like there is one either. Last time I got a legit inspection I don't think they even popped the hood, I could be wrong though. But either way I have buddies who write me inspection slips.

This is the link to the intake http://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-29135/overview/make/chevrolet

I will try to remember to get measurements next time I have it uncovered

1998regcab

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the low part of the valley between the heads to where the spacer is bolted is right at 6" tall and then it's in the very center not towards the front of the manifold like the factory manifold

1998regcab

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Next week I will be ordering the 24x kit and then all I will have left is the front end accessories.

1998regcab

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I should update this.

I am going to try to swap the motor in over Christmas break. I only need a hand full more parts, of course they are all expensive. So I need; coil pack brackets, exhaust, power steering pump, and a tune. I'd post a picture but right now it's kind of back in parts because I had to take the heads back to the machine shop.