how to wire compass/temp mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I take it that this thread went no where after this????? My mirror should be here tomorrow and I need some help with wiring and sensor placement.

For your mirror the wiring is
Pink= Switched 12+
Black = Ground
Light Green = Reverse Lights
Green with Black Stripe = Temp Probe
Brown = Temp Probe
The other two aren't needed. (gray and something else IIRC)

That's how I wired mine up. It works for the Compass and Temp Mirrors that came out of one of a GMT-400 and probably other GM mirrors as well

I found this info in another thread. Credit goes to whoever posted it there.

Edit: I found it!

97 to 99 tahoe, suburban, trucks

GM / wire harness color / function
PIN 1 / PINK / POWER +12 volts
PIN 2 / BK / CHASSIS, GND
PIN 3 / LT GRN / BACKUP LIGHTS
PIN 4 /GY / TO AUTO DIM OUTSIDE MIRROR <---- dont need it!!! cut it..
PIN 5 / PINK / TO AUTO DIM OUTSIDE MIRROR <---- dont need it!!! cut it..
PIN 6 / DR GRN/WT / TEMP PROBE
PIN 7 / BK/WT / TEMP PROBE

Note: Pin 3 is to be connected to the backup lights to turn off the auto dim feature in reverse.

If you intend not to use this feature connect the LT GRN wire to chassis ground. If this pin is floating the auto dim will not work properly.

i just put one in my truck this weekend and love it.. whatever truck you get the mirror out of get the temp censor for it also.. just run the 2 wires from the mirror to the censor then hook up power and ground... just make sure you hook up the LT green wire to the ground so the mirror dont start acting funny...

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Im going to try this tomorrow. I will be waiting on my front steps waiting for the mail man tomorrow!

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im going to try this tomorrow. I will be waiting on my front steps waiting for the mail man tomorrow!
I'm working on a write up. I didn't get it finished this afternoon before I had to leave but I'll try to finish it up in the morning. Hopefully I'll have it done before you get the package and then you can take advantage of it. :)

PS I know how you feel. I thought my overhead console that I bought from Mean Green would be here today but it didn't come with the mail :( Maybe it will be here tomorrow!

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm working on a write up. I didn't get it finished this afternoon before I had to leave but I'll try to finish it up in the morning. Hopefully I'll have it done before you get the package and then you can take advantage of it. :)

PS I know how you feel. I thought my overhead console that I bought from Mean Green would be here today but it didn't come with the mail :( Maybe it will be here tomorrow!

I got the write up done.
http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthr...perature-Rear-View-Mirror&p=112688#post112688

Hopefully it helps!

Z Long Bed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice write up fo sure. I would recomend testing the mirror before doing the complete install. The first mirror I tried actually smoked when I hooked it up. Installed another one today though. I stuffed the lighted mirror wires under the headliner in case I go that rout later. Thanks for the color chart!

Casey916

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a sensor on the radiator center support that you'll need.

You must be registered for see images attach