Improved A/C

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
i'm going to get some of this foaming coil cleaner and i guess what ya do is just bring the hose in the cab spray in the lil hole where the coils are with it. already made sure it would drain, it does, but just spray up in there where the coils are?

can anyone confirm this is what needs to be done?

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yep done it twice, just spray the hell out of it. will flow out the a/c drain

Reaction score
alright, well i picked up some coil cleaner, backed my truck out, and went for it. the part i had the hardest with was getting the can up in the blower motor shroud, then in the little hole towards the left. what i had to do some of the time was spray and get it to foam up then i would stick my hand in there and rub the cleaner around on the coils. i'd let it sit there a few mins, then go and spray it out with the hoes. had to find a nozle for the hoes that fit in the little hole and would let me move it around enough to spray the whole area of coils. just a tip, some water will leak out of the housing and drip onto your carpet so just keep an eye out for dripping. i just used a towel and would lay it down when it would drip and then wipe off the rest once the dripping stops. im letting my truck sit tonight so everything can dry completely then tomorrow just gonna work on getting the blower motor back in and screwed tight.

let me know if this sounds like it all went right or if you have any tips that can make it workout better or anything at all! ANYTHING IS APPRECIATED!

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sounds good, just make sure your careful up in there so no fins get bent

Oleg

Reaction score
Has anyone had a problem with the blower box filling up with water? I just pulled the blower out and there is a little puddle of water from the rain. Is there a drain that may be plugged?

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sometimes the drain can get clogged with debris

Oleg

Reaction score
Can you tell me where the drain is? I cant seem to find it anywhere. Or is it the same drain as the AC uses? It always pours out water when the ac is on.