Improved A/C

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I want to do this, but I need step by step pictures, I also need to recharge my AC, the professional shop that did my intake gasket must of bumped the valve and let all the freon out, it was fine before I brought it in then.

Which valve do I screw the AC recharge on? The one facing up or the one facing towards the radiator?

Oleg

Reaction score
So the drain is the same drain that the ac comes out of, which is more toward the square box. I am wondering how does water get into the actual round part of the blower motor.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I want to do this, but I need step by step pictures, I also need to recharge my AC, the professional shop that did my intake gasket must of bumped the valve and let all the freon out, it was fine before I brought it in then.

Which valve do I screw the AC recharge on? The one facing up or the one facing towards the radiator?
The one facing the radiator... They are different sizes so most A/C recharge kits will only fit on the correct one. The one facing forward and the one that you should use is the low pressure side. If you connected it to the high pressure side it's likely that the can of Freon would explode.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its simple ryan especially on a 96,toughest part is getting the blower motor out, it takes a little twisting and turning to get it just right, you thnk your gunna break it but just be careful it will come out.

Oleg

Reaction score
Does anyone know where the fresh air comes in from for the heater? I thought it would be behind the wiper cowl but when i removed it there is only a hole on the driver side.

Reaction score
ok i really want to do this. but im still not quite sure how..someone please help...heres a pic of under my dash after i remove glovebox...what do i remove and where do i stick the can and hose?

You must be registered for see images attach

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
After the motor's off look up and to the left. That's where the evaporator it located. It's a tight fight if you've got big hands to get the debris out. Or you can use a small vac hose to get it all out. I bought evaporator cleaner at ACE and sprayed it on the evaporator. Let it sit for about 5 minutes and then flushed it with the garden hose. Did that 3 or 4 times and after the A/C definitely smelled better, not musty. It still doesn't blow like it should, but smells hella better.

Reaction score
After the motor's off look up and to the left. That's where the evaporator it located. It's a tight fight if you've got big hands to get the debris out. Or you can use a small vac hose to get it all out. I bought evaporator cleaner at ACE and sprayed it on the evaporator. Let it sit for about 5 minutes and then flushed it with the garden hose. Did that 3 or 4 times and after the A/C definitely smelled better, not musty. It still doesn't blow like it should, but smells hella better.

ok coo i will try this today when i get home. i think i will take some pics because there might be some other guys on here not sure on how to do it. thanks!