Improved A/C

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SubLo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK. You all inspired me. I just did this on mine yesterday along with replacing the leaking high-side Pressure Relief Valve ($5 at my local auto parts store) and recharging the system. Result - fairly dramatic improvement overall. I couldn't find any foaming cleaner at my auto parts stores so I just used some brake cleaner and a good spray with the garden hose (drains to the street btw).

Here's what I took out of mine. There's no way this has ever been cleaned. It really does look like 13 years worth of gunk. Yikes!

You must be registered for see images

itst9

Reaction score
I finally had some free time today so I decided to clean my Evaporator. Well come to find out there was some debris present but not too much, mainly dust from dirt roads and small leaves covering the evaporator. I vacuumed out what I could and blew it out with the air compressor. I wish there was an easier way to take it apart and clean it completely. It works a little better so far, next time I will spray the cleaner on it. Here's a picture of what it looked like midway through cleaning. I had trouble reaching the crap in the corner but finally got it.
You must be registered for see images attach