Improved A/C

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cleaned out my A/C today. Just took off the glovebox then the blower motor cover and blower motor. Then reached up in there and got everything out.

This is what I grabbed out and vacuumed up, more than this really because some blew away.

You must be registered for see images attach

Pick this up at your local lowe's and spray it on the evaporator after you get the debris out. I hosed it off after and did 3 cycles of this. The water just drains out your drain tube.

Blows harder and colder and instead of a musty smell it has a nice lemon fragrance. Pretty easy thing to do to bring your A/C back to life. Thanks goes to mitchellz71 on fsc for this procedure.

Procedure 95+:
Sorry for the wait.

Removed Glove box.

Remove the blower motor cover along with the 2 wires. There is a tab on top and bottom.

Remove the 7/32 bolts around the blower motor and remove.

This is the hole and to the upper left is the evap core.

Last edited:

masterjohnson

Reaction score
am i reading it right? can this product be also used on home aircon? like these..
You must be registered for see images

if yes that will raelly bring my car back to life and also our home aircon although we dont need that one yet now. this is the result of cleaning my A/C blower motor wheel less dirt than the picture above.
You must be registered for see images

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Man I did this cleaning today on my 96 DD and it really helped, there was what looked like a bird's nest in there, it was bad, great improvement!

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score
Man I need to do this to mine. It has musty smell. I just wrote it off as an old truck.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I never thought mine would have as much crap in it as it did, it blows a ton better.

Reaction score
im doing this now as we speak. hardest part i had so far was just getting the blower motor bolts out and the blower motor removed. i looked up there and on the coils it looked like a nest. we have palm trees out here and they have seeds all summer and jeeeez so much of that. im gonna pick up some of the spray and clean the coils out like was stated and this weekend when i get a few things re-attached from painting them and the rest put back together ill test it out and see how it works/smells. ill try and get a few pictures of when i put it back together and post them so there will be some photos of this process. im hoping this will make an improvement to this.

-Ross (BlackedOut97GT)

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
did it on my 94 as well, definately more of a pita if you have an 88-94. Had more crap in there than my 96. The air flow did improve and it gets colder quicker.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was planning on doing an A/C service soon, so I think I'll be doing this tomorrow to my 94', hopefully will improve the A/C a bit!