A/C replacement parts?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Replacement parts will be for a 1995 GMC Sierra SLE RCSB 5.7 TBI equipped truck, bone stock and unmolested.

Has anybody recently had to replace there A/C components and if so what brand did you go with? I'm doing this because I'm already into this do to an intake manifold coolant leak and everything is 28yrs old, all rubber is hard as a rock or soft and gooey and it needs to be done.

I'm down to A/C compressor, the dryer and the condenser.
I did a flush of the evaporator and did a vacuum test, no leak and flushed clean
I have found from research that the condenser is a parallel style which can't be flushed, I did remove the orifice tube, no signs of metal, just dirty.
I did buy the a/c lines that attach to the compressor as well as the line that runs from evap to the condenser.

Durning my research I have found that some condensers do not fit as they should as well as an updated a/c compressor?!

Just wanting to know if anybody has replaced these parts and what brand you used, and maybe what to stay away from!

Thanks for any insight or info on this subject.
Joe

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My OE finally died,and I found this GM on Amazon. Dryer, flush, orifice tube so fourth. So after vacuuming, recharging, test drive, got down to 40's out vent outlets. This past summer in 100's sure felt good inside.
You must be registered for see images attach

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks GoToGuy, it'll be hotter than the hubs of hell when summer hits here!! Nows the time to get this done...

RanchWelder

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the entire system ready to ship to you.
Post.
1999 K2500, mint, garage kept, all lines, compressor in good working condition and the coil.

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats a great looking 94 in your avatar Silverado1994!!

RanchWelder

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A/C Compressor, all rubber high/Low pressure lines, expansion valve and condensor coil, from in front of the radiator, all aluminum hard lines, with o-rings, from a working system. Drier, seperator, etc... everything. Pigtail harness... what don't you want, would be an easier question to answer...

System is from Montana, no salted roads... It gets 80 here for three weeks a year, max.
I'm pulling the 10.5" full floater with locker and the 4L80E.
Glass is mint, doors are mint, interior leather 3 section seats, with 3/4-1/4 back seats and full 3rd row, in leather, are heated, electric and mint.
Dash and all travel package components are mint.

Steering collumn is mint.
7.4L blew the oil tube braze and ran without oil pressure for 15 miles... good core Mark VI.

Bring a trailer before the snow gets too deep... 100K on a garage kept GMT400. Lil' hood hail damage, not bad though.
Tiny rock ding on the front windshield, fixable with a $25 vacuum glass repair rig. All other glass is OEM and mint.
Frame is straight, no accidents. Front member is in very good condition, Bilstein Yellow/Blue shocks all around.

If you want it rolling, you need to let me know asap. I have until Christmas to scrap or sell it off.
I'll be wanting another <100K 3/4 ton locking rear end, if you want it roilling... If you want the whole enchalada, act efficiently...

The 4L80E will be pulled next week, unless I have good reason to leave it in there... 4:10 gears...

It's a 7.4L Mark VI.

I can post engine pics tomorrow, if you want more pictures.
The drive shafts are disconnected, the Y-Pipe and O2 sensors are disconnected and off the truck. The skid plates and cross members are un bolted waiting for the torsion bar key tool, so I can remove the transmission after the 21st of Nov.

If you want to swap an engine into this and have a great running truck, it's on you. Otherwise I'll strip it and sell what I can and try to recover the money lost on this and my 700R4 '87 Blazer transmission issues.

100K, no rust anywhere. I'm disabled with B/S disability income and no way to replace or have the Big Block machined and fixed.
You could fry an egg on my forhead.
LMK

Attachments

• FACD50B6-BE56-4AE2-90E0-BBD5F50045D7_1_105_c.jpeg
    FACD50B6-BE56-4AE2-90E0-BBD5F50045D7_1_105_c.jpeg
    241.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

sneakingfart

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently replaced the ac compressor, accumulator/dryer, orifice tube, and condenser. AC compressor was AC Delco (don't go with the cheap stuff on Amazon, its not a job that you want to do more than once), condenser was Denso, and accumulator/dryer was whatever rockauto sells. The aftermarket condensers don't appear to be as nice as stock, wider tubing and less heat dissipating fins, but works fine. Just keep in mind, the orifice tube is in a different place on trucks that have rear ac vs ones that don't. Easy job, just replace everything at once, don't do what I do and keep finding leaks in other places after you've refilled the system.

Edit. When you get a new compressor, if your old one has the pressure switch on the back end of it, you need to buy a new one. There's very little chance you'll get the old one out without damaging it. They are only a few bucks.

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I recently replaced the ac compressor, accumulator/dryer, orifice tube, and condenser. AC compressor was AC Delco (don't go with the cheap stuff on Amazon, its not a job that you want to do more than once), condenser was Denso, and accumulator/dryer was whatever rockauto sells. The aftermarket condensers don't appear to be as nice as stock, wider tubing and less heat dissipating fins, but works fine. Just keep in mind, the orifice tube is in a different place on trucks that have rear ac vs ones that don't. Easy job, just replace everything at once, don't do what I do and keep finding leaks in other places after you've refilled the system.

Edit. When you get a new compressor, if your old one has the pressure switch on the back end of it, you need to buy a new one. There's very little chance you'll get the old one out without damaging it. They are only a few bucks.
Thanks for the info, yeah the replacement condenser isn't like the original for sure but it does fit with no problems.
I left the pressure switch in the old a/c compressor and that stuff is outa here, just "RIPPED OFF" the band-aid and sucked it up and went with all new except evaporator as it held vacuum for days while sitting in the garage.

Waiting for the weekend and get the TBI unit reassembled and back on and fire this mother hummer up and LOOK for leaks, test drive, and if alls well, take it to the a/c guys for a little r134 candy and see if it will get the cabin cold enough to hand a piece of sliced ham in it!! :lol:
Progress as of today!

Attachments

• 9F115A71-1485-44D4-A28B-823E4D8F9048.jpeg
    9F115A71-1485-44D4-A28B-823E4D8F9048.jpeg
    426.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 9FA94470-57E4-4FEC-A91B-63CD89B134EF.jpeg
    9FA94470-57E4-4FEC-A91B-63CD89B134EF.jpeg
    415.9 KB · Views: 15
  • C69AEE26-0BBF-4B8C-8765-F454E797EC11.jpeg
    C69AEE26-0BBF-4B8C-8765-F454E797EC11.jpeg
    481.2 KB · Views: 15
  • D656CCCD-7BFC-4AB9-A8AF-045EA3C6B4AD.jpeg