If You Were Me...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Bet you'll think twice next time. Trust me, after you solid axle a ccsb obs the gmt400 gods smile upon you.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can get deals on the mtz at work if ya want me to check to see the price on em

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
No. The 40 is still gonna weigh at least 20 lbs more than the 33, that extra 40 lbs on the drive axle is not helping the trans at all.

True. All I've read is it's less wear and tear because the wider the footprint the more drag you will have. You still will have the weight factor but a 40x13.5 is better than a 40x15.0 IMO

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
True. All I've read is it's less wear and tear because the wider the footprint the more drag you will have. You still will have the weight factor but a 40x13.5 is better than a 40x15.0 IMO

True but barely. You will have more drag with 40s then you will with a smaller tire anyways because of the bigger pocket of air under the truck dragging with you the whole time. So while a 13.5 is better than a 15 it is not a big enough difference to notice.

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm positive it's the same thing. I just replaced mine when the 37's went on and they were a pretty penny I tell ya.

Yeah i was quoted 232.00 for a hub but i forgot to ask if it came with a wheel bearing or not. You said yours came with it?