Is a Quick Ratio Box Right For Me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honest to God I don't really mind what brand it is as long as it'll last and not have any slop or leak. I just said the cardone because it was cheapest on the website.
Don’t do it!!! literally anything but cardone! New or reman. Garbage built by deaf, one armed, 12 year olds with diabetes, carpal tunnel and 11 toes.

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man I got a quick ratio box in my IROC-Z and it'll be halfway into the other lane before I can get my finger up my nose. It's a very focused driving experience.

I like the standard ratio on my truck. Makes it easier to dial in precision backing up to trailers and whatnot.

Also I agree, Cardone isn't the way to go. Typically you really don't want whatever is on the top of the sort by cheapest list at RockAuto. What passes for OE quality these days is bad enough.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the quick ratio for my truck. Sitting in a box until warm weather comes and I can install it. It had good reviews from people here on the forum and on Summit. $470 + free shipping. I am going to add a cooler as well.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Same product, different boxes?
Possibly... however there are four current offerings for a new steering gear on Rock (at least when looked up for my '93 C3500) with LARES and EDELMANN priced in the middle of the group.

LARES at $328 has a "limited lifetime" OR "Commercial vehicles - 12 month" warranty

EDELMANN at $380 is "100 years, 1,000,000 miles" warranty with no exceptions based on application. The Edelmann costs a bit more, but it seems they have more confidence in their product?

SKP at $257 has only a 12 month warranty

BBB at $399 only has a 3 year / 36K mile warranty

I think I'd throw my extra bucks at the EDELMANN just based on warranty alone.

If you're dead set on one of the options available from RockAuto, I think I'd go with Edelmann or Lares over the Cardone.
Agreed but I'd go new, not rebuilt. The parts house rebuilts on this stuff seem like a big gamble.

Richard

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
The Borgeson box mentioned earlier in the thread is the same as the GMT800 box I have, but with the older style splined shaft so it's a direct swap. The GMT800 Delphi box is 12.7:1. Just don't flail the wheel like an idiot and it works fine, I am lifted and have oversized tires.

You must be registered for see images attach