If You Were Me...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What tires and or size would you go with... im about to start stabbing myself in the eye with all the different options. So from this im hoping that your opinions will help me in leaning towards something. Im going to be purchasing tires in a couple weeks here so i need to get on the ball and figure out what one ill be rolling on.

Im stuck between:

38s or 40s

13.5 or 14.5 or 15.5

Then finding a tire in that size that i like. I am leaning towards an A/T as it is a pavement princess and will only be hauling the toys to the dirt. I am some what open to M/Ts had great luck with the BFG M/Ts for daily driving.

As of right now i am looking at the Mickey Thompson ATZs

Please help any suggetions are greatly apreciated

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I wish I had more experience with larger tires in general to help ya. Those MT ATZ's are great looking tires, and I was thinking of going with those whenever I get a lift put on.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
id go 40s, they would fill better, and id go mtr wth kevlar

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My younger brother ran MT ATZ's on his superduty i have the tires and rims off the truck he traded it in this spring the tires are just shy of 3 yrs old and he drove the balls off the truck over that time and they still have about 40% tread left that to me shows a good wearing tire also id go with a 40 by 14.5 imo

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well of course 40's would be the best BUT not before you get some gears in that thing! It may feel okay but it is under-geared like a murf already...Your tranny is voting 33's but everyone else will vote 40x14.50's, including me :D but ya know just at least gear the rear first before you do that size tire pwease.

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How good are you at replacing front end parts, mainly hubs?

Gotta pay to play, im aware of the inrease in regular maintenace and parts replacement. This inst my first lifted truck. I need tires before the snow starts flying and gears are shortly after probably this time next month.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I would go 38's, decrank to flat angles, decrease size of blocks and have a smooth riding big ****.

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would go 38's, decrank to flat angles, decrease size of blocks and have a smooth riding big ****.

That sounds legit

Brakes are good cross drilled/slotted rotors, braided SS lines, Hawk pads. Will be doing a rear brake conversion when i do gears. its a completley different rearend