If You Were Me...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
You have the ability to run 38s on good angles so there is no reason to put a truck through something it doesn't need to.

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You have the ability to run 38s on good angles so there is no reason to put a truck through something it doesn't need to.

Makes a lot of sense, specialy as it is mainly going to see pavement. Also i really like the wheel/tire proprtion of 38s and 20s

Corrrect me if im wrong but in order for it to ride better wouldnt that come down to removing a leaf not a block?

Last edited:

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that is correct, but removing a block will help miniumize axle wrap

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Ya your right. I am just assuming that the main harshness in your ride is gonna come from the front end. I am now going to assume you have something like a 2 inch aal, take that out and it will ride a lot better in the rear.

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The front isnt too bad i would say the rear is worse, it looks to me there's a 2" block and a 2"aal... ill take some pics

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah more like 6" springs and a 2" block lol but who knows the truck is body lifted though soo obviously the block is small maybe it has bigger than a 2" add a leaf :hmm: and that's why it's riding so bad. Being on pavement most of the time I wouldn't be too worried about axle wrap. I've had my 5.5" block for like 6-7 years no wrap.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
I vote 38s. Anything bigger should really be on a crawler rig. The Mickey Thompsons are a good tire but expensive. I recently had the Procomp Xtreme Allterrains in a 38. They lasted like 2 and a half years and I put maybe 50,000 miles on them through pavement, snow and dirt. So they took a beating. IMO 37 or 38 inch tall tires are as big as any truck should ever run. Another good all terrain is the Nitto Terra Grapplers. I need a more aggressive tire next because my truck sees a decent amount of dirt and mud