GrimsterGMCs Kiwi1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet theres not too many of these OBS GMT400s in NZ. I am blown away by the design and execution of this truck. What do the locals think of your "Yank Tank".
Since I live in a rural town, every second vehicle is a Japanese 4WD with big wheels and winch bars, so it doesn't stand out as much as you would expect. It's not until I get in the wrong side, and especially when I fire it up, that they realise it ain't your ordinary truck. That, and when I have to shoehorn it into a parking space that's designed for a Toyota Prius.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Since I live in a rural town, every second vehicle is a Japanese 4WD with big wheels and winch bars, so it doesn't stand out as much as you would expect. It's not until I get in the wrong side, and especially when I fire it up, that they realise it ain't your ordinary truck. That, and when I have to shoehorn it into a parking space that's designed for a Toyota Prius.
I hear ya on the parking spaces! One of the few things I don't like about a 21' long truck(crew cab long bed is looong!).

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear ya on the parking spaces! One of the few things I don't like about a 21' long truck(crew cab long bed is looong!).
Most all of our parking spaces are small as we never had wide cars like you have in the US. So not only are the spaces narrow, but there is very little distance between the rows to get a swing in. I always reverse in as my mirrors show space down each side and the reversing camera tells me how far back I can go. Even being the shortest version of these trucks I still end up with the nose sticking out some.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Most all of our parking spaces are small as we never had wide cars like you have in the US. So not only are the spaces narrow, but there is very little distance between the rows to get a swing in. I always reverse in as my mirrors show space down each side and the reversing camera tells me how far back I can go. Even being the shortest version of these trucks I still end up with the nose sticking out some.
Yup with the big boy we usually get a pull through spot. Many of the lots here in Texas are set up like that. And when the spaces are angled, it's easier to get in and out of them. Straight on spaces are doable, you just have to have a lot more room to come into them.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very clever idea, I might have to "borrow" that one!
My thought has always been that any accessory has to be ready to use. If you have to find it, unpack it, plug it in etc then it becomes a hard task so you don't bother. My compressor is hard mounted and hard wired to a switch on the console so I can turn it on before even getting out of the cab, the hoses and tire gauge are clipped to a rail just inside the tailgate and you can plug it into a coupling on either side so having to air down or pump up your tires when driving across sand is no hassle at all, rather than risking it and getting stuck and then having to set it all up where it is no longer convenient.