GrimsterGMCs Kiwi1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You been holding out on us, Grim. That's a neat truck you got.
You couldn't know how hard it was for me to post this thread. Due to a medical condition, I have been ridiculed and made fun of my whole life and as a result I have always just kept to myself to avoid drawing any attention. Even at the age of 56 I have an ingrained fear of rejection that is hard to overcome. It was seeing all of the young guys coming on here, knowing they have a lot to learn but willing to have a go anyway, that inspired me to share my work with you all. It is only due to this forum, where everyone is equal and respectful to one another, that I can put my work up for other to comment on. I appreciate the feedback and will keep adding more as I go.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I love the laptop mount, that brought back fond memories of my first car. I had a law enforcement style adjustable laptop mount with an IBM Thinkpad (14" screen) above the center console in a '91 Nissan Maxima. Had an early Garmin GPS system and a Nintendo 64 emulator with two controllers, plus a Sprint PCMCIA card which provided extremely slow (1X cell network, 3G if you were lucky) wireless internet. Doesn't sound like much now, but it was pretty fancy almost 20 years ago. :lol:

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You couldn't know how hard it was for me to post this thread. Due to a medical condition, I have been ridiculed and made fun of my whole life and as a result I have always just kept to myself to avoid drawing any attention. Even at the age of 56 I have an ingrained fear of rejection that is hard to overcome. It was seeing all of the young guys coming on here, knowing they have a lot to learn but willing to have a go anyway, that inspired me to share my work with you all. It is only due to this forum, where everyone is equal and respectful to one another, that I can put my work up for other to comment on. I appreciate the feedback and will keep adding more as I go.

Grim, I just checked, and the direct flight from NYC to New Zealand is 17 hours & 35 minutes. (!)
I honestly don't know if you can get any further away from my neck of the woods than this?
(Just the shipping charges for upgrade parts must be staggering.)

Anyway, your work represents you well. I'm thinking that through your nonstop effort & vision you have
made yourself the Official GMT400 Ambassador to New Zealand -- Congrats! :0)

You know, a lot of times when somebody mods their truck I study the changes & try to figure
out what were they thinking? But on your truck I absolutely 'get' every change you made -- Nice!
By the way, your moonie gauge mods are better than factory original!

Glad you shared your build. (I actually enjoy looking at everyone's builds in this forum -- so many
good ideas, talent, and determination to see it through & get it over the finish line.)

Really good stuff, inspirational!

Cheers --

Last edited:

GMC_YA_L8R

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your truck is awesome and oftentimes a person's vehicle is a reflection of themself so it's a pretty safe bet that you're a pretty cool dude.