Advice for a new owner of an old truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just bought my first GMC truck, Im going to take it home tomorrow, its a 94" 1500 6.5 4x4 extended cab. The truck has been seating in the garage for several years, it only has 56.000 miles on it. This engine is realy rare here in Brazil, it only came in a few trucks that were imported back in the days. Any advice for first start? I bought it on an auction of a brazilian army and they cant really say how it was running when it stopped.

It does not have the original air filter, so I'm going to buy a new intake. Need new batteries, this truck came with 2, has anyone put a bigger battery so u can use only one?
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
Reaction score
Its not drivable yet, tomorrow Im going to bring it home and see what "special care" the truck needs.

I live In the south, the state is called "SANTA CATARINA", awesome beachs and the best place to live here in brazil.
Is it drivable now? Cool truck, where in Brazil do you live?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wow....the Brazilian Army likes it's trucks pimped out!!!! It's got a friggen rollpan and ground effects kit!! Lol
Actually, this truck was arrested by the brazilian "IRS", first owner probably made some mistakes with the paper work when he imported, and they gave it to the army. It was with those wheels and body kit when they got it.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Actually, this truck was arrested by the brazilian "IRS", first owner probably made some mistakes with the paper work when he imported, and they gave it to the army. It was with those wheels and body kit when they got it.
That makes a LOT more sense than trying to get a commanding officer to sign off on that requisition!!!

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its not drivable yet, tomorrow Im going to bring it home and see what "special care" the truck needs.

I live In the south, the state is called "SANTA CATARINA", awesome beachs and the best place to live here in brazil.
Been to Brazil multiple times and funny Santa Catarina is mostly where I’ve been. Been to all the beaches, I think!