New Suburban owner in FL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybcr783

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello,

I just picked up my first GMT400, it's a 1997 GMC Suburban 1500 with the 5.7L 2wd. I was looking for a 2500 diesel 4wd, but swiped this up for almost nothing. Interior is near mint, body is good but has a little rust poking out at the bottom of the doors. Other than an exhaust leak and spongy breaks and no AC it seems to run and drive well. I'll be fixing the brakes, doing a full service on the engine/trans and putting on new tires. I might look for a set of stock wheels as well since these have been painted and I don't like the black.

Being in FL the AC will get fixed as well. going to start with a full service/fluid change first though then I'll tackle the AC issues.

I've always wanted one of these, when I was a teenager my father had a '94 GMC extended cab long bed, 4wd with the 6.5 diesel and I loved that truck. I recently aquired a 1995 Cadillac deville and a 1998 Camaro as part of my recent Facebook Marketplace shopping binge. I like the 90's GM products I guess.
You must be registered for see images attach
Welcome to the forum, I am from FL too. The Burb looks great :)

RLC2020

Reaction score
Well, the new Sub needed a fuel pump, so while waiting for that to come in the mail I found a deal on a 4wd 2500 Sub. So, now I own 2!
This one is a '99 with the 6.5L diesel. Definitely keeping this one, might keep the '97 1500 as well since it has extremely low miles, or, it will be for sale.

RLC2020

Reaction score
Update: The silver/blue 1500 is now for sale. It's a bit rough around the edges, but it runs like new. Needs tires and the AC leaks somewhere. It has some rust at the door bottoms and around the trailer hitch, the frame is solid though. New fuel tank/pump just installed. Looking for $3500 for it with 140k original miles. Located in Malabar Florida.

UPDATE: NEVERMIND! We decided to keep it, my wife actually likes it after driving it for a weekend so I'm going to make it nice for her and we'll keep it as a 3rd vehicle for when her explorer isn't big enough for 3 kids worth of strollers and baggage.

New tires ordered, new windshield going in next week. I'll get the brakes gone through and the ac recharged again with new seals which hopefully fixes that issue.

Last edited: