GarrettGmc's 94 ecsb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So didn't get any pics but finally got a ball joint remover and got the lower ones out and then removed the control arm bushings, was using a wire wheel to clean them up and repaint then when I got stung by some type of wasp today, not highly allergic but immediately started swelling up so took some meds and tried to go back to work, got them cleaned up and respayed them as well as one of the spindles before getting dizzy and tired so I'm done for today, I've got bunch if parts coming and hopefully they arrive this week so I can work on it over Xmas and new years.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well got a little bit done today took pics of the paint on the parts from yesterday, looks glossy even thou it was flat so I'll have to respray, did control arms with the bedliner and I'll use wire wheel to clean out for the new bushings, stripped more paint off and realized the trucks had been repainted before, I dnt think paint was on the weatherstripping from the factory

You must be registered for see images attach

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya pretty much hah, I've actually been thinking how I can get the cab off so I can check out the frame and bedline it and sane the bottom of the cab, weld some holes and check that for rust, only problem is it's just me doin everything and I'm not 100% sure if my rafters would support rigging up a pulley system.

Depending on shipping and how fast I can get everything together it should be back on all 4 wheels this weekend:boobs: then I'll be able to roll it in an out of the shop which would help

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Use that pretty, nice new engine hoist to lift the cab :D

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
I would pull the cab off if you're already that far in to be honest. Make this thing your dream truck like how I have my HD that is a mess lol

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well like I've said I won't be selling this truck and once it's back up an going it'll be my daily so I dnt wanna be fixing some problem in a couple years that I could've now so that's the plan, fix alot. Plus everything else is already off

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I have to lift the cab anyways, I've got some new energy suspension parts coming and I received this today:D

Box 1 of 2
Today's contains upper an lower balls, inner an outer tie rods, adjusting sleeve, inner and outer bearings, and seals:boobs:

Box 2 will contains less but will be bigger box I'm guessing.

Now I need a lil :help:, how would you go about lifting the cab off the frame? I'll be taking the seats and all the parts out but I'm unsure if using some eye bolts through the holes for the seat would be good idea and a good way to screw the floor up. Btw ill most likely be doing this alone so no luck getting help.