GarrettGmc's 94 ecsb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Well I have to lift the cab anyways, I've got some new energy suspension parts coming and I received this today:D
You must be registered for see images attach

Box 1 of 2
Today's contains upper an lower balls, inner an outer tie rods, adjusting sleeve, inner and outer bearings, and seals:boobs:

Box 2 will contains less but will be bigger box I'm guessing.

Now I need a lil :help:, how would you go about lifting the cab off the frame? I'll be taking the seats and all the parts out but I'm unsure if using some eye bolts through the holes for the seat would be good idea and a good way to screw the floor up. Btw ill most likely be doing this alone so no luck getting help.

If you want to just do the cab bushings put a 4x4 on a jack, unbolt one of the mounts, loosen the others then use the wood as a buffer on the bottom of the cab. If you want to go all out you can remove the caps covering the top of the cab mounts inside the cab and mount something to those. I have never done it but that's what I've seen others do

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nope it's all coming off, I think I've got a problem anytime an idea pops in my head my minds pretty much made up. My to-do list is always growing.
Box should be here today

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well everything was going good today, left the house passed the FedEx truck so I knew my box would be there when I got home, went to sears got pissed with them so went to home depot an finally purchased a tool chest so my tools will get off my work bench. Got home opened up the box and immediately my day turned, I ordered upper and lower control arm bushings not remembering that because I have aftermarket arms they would be different, spent quite a while calling Idk how many places with part numbers and just now ordered the right upper control bushings, besides that I tried to get the lowers in and they went right in but trying to get the arms back attached to the truck I'm fighting to get them in, I've tried hammering them in, using a jack and lifting them into place but all that's done is lifted the truck, almost like the arms are spaced just a hair off. I know I had to beat the crap out of them to get em out but damn. Im done for tonight ill pick back up tomorro
So my day was abt 50-50, I opted to pay for 2day shipping so hopefully the new bushings get here friday, also got the new body bushings and sway bar bushings with end links

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well no bushings, no to happy that my parts are still at the other end of the state when I paid for 2 day shipping, tracking says it'll be here next week.
Before I checked that I finally got my lower control arms on after fighting with them forever then mounted the sway bar and snugged it up, need to get a spring compressor tomorrow, also got the body bushings mounted up front just because I wanted to. Hopefully the tracking is just delayed and the parts will be here tomorrow, only problem is I never finished sand blasting the arms so I'll wire wheel em and just flat black for now, I'm unsure what color I want the truck and once I figure that out and buy some paint the arms will be painted the same color most likely, might just bedliner those to Idk yet.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh and I forgot to add that while getting the lower control arms in, because they were difficult I used a jack and lifted them into place as much as I could then I modified a scrap piece of steel rod I had to help align the holes properly, I didn't have a spud wrench so I made a tool today, kinda ha.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so FedEx drop off the bushings yesterday but it was already getting late so held off, today had to make a 2.5 hr drive to sac for daughter's Dr which lasted a whopping 10-15 mins then a 3 hr drive back cuz construction delays so I didn't get alot done but she's on her own weight now:D. Got the springs back in place after fighting them got the ball joints snugged up the sway bar connected, tie rod linkage connected, need the idler arm and steering gearbox still, but got the wheels mounted back on. Still need to torque everything down but couldn't help my self I wanted to see her on the wheels

Gunna wait to order stuff and might just put the old stuff back on just so I can roll it around, plan is super steer idler arm bracket and a redhead gear box but for today that's it tomorrow ill see abt rolling it out of the shop then empty the cab and start the process of removing it

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So dropped the tranny and crossmember removed the driveline and was able to get the rest of the exhaust out, removed all 6 of the cab bolts and checked to make sure all the electrical is disconnected so I won't snag anything when I lift the cab, need to buy some new bolts cause the ones I removed are rusted and some of the threads are rusted away so that made removing them fun. Gunna look up abt how other people lift the entire cab at once so I can roll the frame back out of the shop.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well cab is off....with some damage to my door....
Not super bad but caught the top of the door window opening with the arm of the hoist an some on the side of the door but that part is easy to fix. Frame doesn't look bad at all.
Question, what is that on the back of my tranny, looks to be a vaccumm line but nothing was connected to it.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Dang do I have to sell you a door now lol

And that's a transmission breather line.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's what I had thought but I've never done anything with a tranny besides look at them and change the fluid, ill work on pletny other things before messing with a trans.
Ha who knows I'm gunna try to fix it