GarrettGmc's 94 ecsb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey name is Cody an decided to start a separate build thread from having both my gmc trucks on one. This truck is 94 gmc ecsb c1500 5.7. This is going to basically be an all around build and hoping to get feedback and help when needed an help anyone who has a question. In the process of tearing the engine and the front end apart after replacing head and intake gasket only to get a rod knocking. Decided it was time for the build up since I'm already ripping engine out. I've got to many ideas to put in the first post so as time goes when I come to those parts ill see what you guys think. For now this is the truck as she was couple days ago and now

You must be registered for see images attach

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Turbo it! Turbo everything! Actually in all honesty you can't go crazy because you have to smog that truck every two years in Shasta county I'm guessing?

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well for engine I was thinking of some big power numbers in the form of a big block 8.2l 502 - 460hp an 550 lb torque plus adding some extras, coupled to 4l80e capable of all that raw power.
Oh wait @gstubbz is right, living a damn county that I have to smog every 2 years really crushes big power dreams. Guess my only choice is to use something to pass emissions. Stuck with either rebuilding the block or buying a crate motor. Both have advantages and disadvantages, price, time to complete, warranty is big one. This is one of the times I'd like some feed back about what you guys would do, rebuild or buy. Not in big hurry so time isn't to big issue but the thought of having couple year warranty is very nice to have, but knowing exactly what's inside the block is good to. Obviously price is cheaper for self built. Also I know people run a bigger cam but does that mean i would have to run higher grade gas, usually just run 87 since it's expensive as hell here. Also working on list of parts for truck beside engine which ill copy an paste in lil bit.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so this is the list so far

Moog inner an outer tie rods, adjustable sleeve, upper and lower ball joints, pitman arm, idler arm, centerlink, sway bar end links, sway bar bushings, upper and lower control arm bushings
Supersteer idler arm bracket
New springs and seats, shocks, radiator, oil cooler, transmission cooler, install power steering cooler, big 3 kit, tindust grille, additional underhood lighting, brake pads calipers and rotors, eventual rear disc swap, front bumper, build custom power block - fuse and relays.
Coat the frame
4 hi and 4 corner mod
Redhead steering box
Remove upper control arms and repaint
Multiple lights, light bar, reverse, under bed, underbody.
Energy suspension body bushings
New motor mounts
Maybe a fin antenna
Sand down and paint engine bay flat black
New wheel bearings
New rag joint or steering column.
Steering stabilizer

Probably missing something I've thought abt.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh btw this is just list of stuff mostly towards the front end. Got another list for interior and what not

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Didn't do to much today, pulled brakes, rotors upper control arms, and did a quick clean up on one upper control arm. Gunna give couple shops call and get quotes to blast em and new powdercoat, undecided on color. Also need to pick up cherry picker to pull the engine sometime soon. Oh also almost had to make trip to Er, damn black widows were all over

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well wasn't planning on working on the truck but had some time so I ripped the motor out, oh an yes it's was a pain in the ass moving that hoist in the dirt. Eventually I'd like to add some tires from a wheelbarrow or similar that can handle the weight

Then decided to take steering gear box and all the linkage out and start takin off all the grease with wire wheel, didn't get to far so gunna soak it with some degreaser over night

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
I would get a steering shaft from a XJ cherokee, they have a u joint and are damn near a perfect fit. Might get stormy for you we just had gnarly hail and rain up here lol