GarrettGmc's 94 ecsb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well today didn't go as planned at all. Had some stuff to do in morning and on way home I picked up a pitman tool and a creeper, which btw I've never used one and it's awesome to have one, got home removed the pit arm and decided to drop the gas tank which I had to cut some of the bolts and had a cutoff wheel blow apart which luckily I stand just off to the side when using it just in case so I only had a piece hit my arm.
You must be registered for see images attach

Didn't break skin but hurt for lil bit. Got the tank dropped and used the creeper to wheel it around the shop, my guess was right abt 3/4 filled. Then cut the exhaust right at a weld to get the back out. And while I was doing this I was on the ground and saw some bubbling of the paint. If you've seen the pics b4 I started the work the body looks pretty good but it's just a cover up of what's underneath, and that put me in a very bad mood. 40 holes and 1 medium sized slice through the metal covered in more Bondo then the hood and fenders had combined. This is a hard one to figure out what to do next so I went back to working on the rear taking all the wiring which is another giant mess and wires just taped together, then removed some of the brake lines, rear end will stay on for now. I need some help with the quarter panel situation, weld all the holes in or cut a section out and weld in a new panel, I'm a lil stuck which way would be best.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And the pics hole said problem panel
From finding the one hole to finding alot all under abt 3/8 bondo
Needless to say I have quite a few words I was yelling and some things id love to ask the person who did this but I'll keep this post clean.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Damn that sucks so bad. If I were in your situation I'd be welding in a new cab corner

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm gunna hold off and see what the other side looks like but most likely I'll end up welding, still have to weld new panels on step dads truck since that things a rust truck

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They probably made those holes to ensurr the bondo would stay in place. Its a **** job for sure. That panel will have to be replaced. If you tried to repair it, it would just become a wavy and warped mess.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

joep88cheyenne

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That sucks on your blessed truck (I'm sure you added more blessings to it too!) Looks like it had been extremely dented and screw pulled then bodo to make it nice looking ( powder and paint, make it what it ain't. ) cab corners are structure supports so I'd do a cut and replace on those. and the back of the cab a neat weld up would take care of those.

BTW SoCal bornand raised, out in a financially easier living place now. Have always like the Shasta/Shastina area although never been there. Wish I could join y'all on that trip.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not sure what they did, holes to hold Bondo makes sense but hole for screw to pull dent out makes sense to, although it's still dented in, I've never had to replace cab corners, any pointers? I get the concept and have seen people do it before but never myself had to

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
I'm not sure what they did, holes to hold Bondo makes sense but hole for screw to pull dent out makes sense to, although it's still dented in, I've never had to replace cab corners, any pointers? I get the concept and have seen people do it before but never myself had to

You can do them on my green truck for me since I have a dose of Lake Tahoe rust! Just kidding, I'm not even going to bother since in my book it's not a "perfect" truck. But from what I do know - take it easy, tack it all around and pretty much tack the entire thing into place then grind down and use body filler to clean it up. Just don't stay in one spot so you don't burn holes.