Flowmaster 40 vs 44? Poll!

Flowmasters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
alright so as some of you know i recently got a 08 tahoe with the 5.3 and i finally have the fiance convinced to let me make it a little louder. I replaced the resonator with a SLP straight pipe already and i like it, but it didnt really make that much of a difference. Ive narrowed it down between the flowmaster 40 and 44 because i want a deep tone thats not to loud. So im putting up a poll to see which you guys prefer.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I run the 40's on my SS with the cat. It's not loud, but has a nice rumble and no drone at hi way speeds

mutanay

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had Gibson and Flowmaster 40 before and i want to say the 40 has a much cleaner tone and sounds smooth with some rumble at low rpms. And it does not drastically drown out noise on the highway. Thats my personal thought on the 40 series. The gibson exhaust i had made it sound more old school like an 80's chevy, i wouldnt know how to explain it well on here. But the Flowmaster 40 sounded like a new V8 and the Gibson sounded like an old V8. I never tried the 44, but there is my two cents on the 40. Here is a clip of what it would sound like.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

redchevy914x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you have full exhaust either one should sound ok. I am with the guys that say they don't care much for flowmaster. no matter what they go on it sounds the same. I have magnaflow on my 91 and like it.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Your wife will hate it
Nah. She likes my truck (shorties, straight pipes, flowmaster 10s).
if you have full exhaust either one should sound ok. I am with the guys that say they don't care much for flowmaster. no matter what they go on it sounds the same. I have magnaflow on my 91 and like it.
Exhaust is all stock except the slp resonater delete.

What kind of magnaflows should i look into? Its a 3" exhaust catback already so im not buying a whole catback system. She wants a happy medium noise level (straight pipe no cats to stock for comparison) with a deep tone and not real raspy.

OverDrive

Reaction score
I don't know about the 44's, but i got a 40 dual in dual out on my truck and it sounds real nice. No drones at cruising speed, pretty loud, and has a good rumble. Here is a pretty bad clip, only revved it up to like 3500 RPM.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media