Real World 383 vs Built 5.3L vs Stock LQ9

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I
your 383 ... Why the 6 inch rods ? My last 383 used 5.7 "Pink" rods and KB101 Pistons. Just wondering
I actually had the rods before anything else. Buddy had a brand new set, picked up some SBC stuff cheap from him when he decided he was only building big blocks from then on.

RacerM95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It has a better rod to stroke ratio which helps a lot of things, I think mostly thrust against the cylinder wall.
Ok, after working on Euro stuff with the "limited" choices (compared to a Chevy V8) Again was just wondering...
I actually had the rods before anything else. Buddy had a brand new set, picked up some SBC stuff cheap from him when he decided he was only building big blocks from then on.
Makes Sense.. Kind of in the same position with the 355 SBC I have on the engine stand... Got an amazing deal on Brodix Heads and Intake, Crane Roller Cam & Lifters, Arias Pistons and Childs & Albert rods, Callies Crank.. all that for the price of the heads.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, after working on Euro stuff with the "limited" choices (compared to a Chevy V8) Again was just wondering...

Makes Sense.. Kind of in the same position with the 355 SBC I have on the engine stand... Got an amazing deal on Brodix Heads and Intake, Crane Roller Cam & Lifters, Arias Pistons and Childs & Albert rods, Callies Crank.. all that for the price of the heads.
Cannot beat that, especially with the cost of new stuff off the shelf today.

HotrodZ06

GMT400 Collector
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And that is my limited understanding of it been researching all of this myself lol, and yeah most engines don't have the selection of parts that SBC does.