first vehicle. 97' GMC build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome from Minnesota! The truck looks like its in pretty good shape! Look forward to seeing whats to come!

AlaskanTrucker379

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Its not a Ford 7.3 so it be around for long... haha so I dont plan on dumping lots of money into it. Prolly just some paint touchups, grill, lenses, maybe clear aftermarket cab lights. Also prolly replace the door speakers. Anyone know what will fit in the doors and backseat panels?

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
: welcome: from Mississippi!

Sent from My padded cell using tapatalk 2

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6.75" for the doors an 4"x6" in the rear for speakers. Nice truck....

AlaskanTrucker379

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
what would you recomend for speakers? I know 0 about sound systems. I was thinking a pair of tweeters and a pair of just regular speakers. Would I need an amp? What would you recommend? on a budget. The stock ones are just so crackly and quiet

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have some pioneers from advance auto. I think they were $30 or so a set. Installing the back ones is a pain....

Nah you don't need a amp an mine had factory tweeters above the power window/lock/mirror controls. I just left those alone

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good looking truck... I did a grille mod on mine but knocked off the chrome so its now brushed alum... I was going to work in the gmc logo and paint it white.. maybe

AlaskanTrucker379

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did the door hinges today, So impressed! smooth as can be. Hopefully will put the straight bumper on soon.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach