first vehicle. 97' GMC build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlaskanTrucker379

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Had to put winter tires, my tires were so bald. The road salt in Alaska ruins chromed wheels so there was no way I was going to run my nice wheels in the salt. Only blizzaks I could find were 16" with out order them so I had to find a set of 16" wheels. Wanted some GMT800/900 wheels but hardly anything is 16" anymore. Found stock chevy aluminum ones for $100. They look like crap but will do for 7 months of snow.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
get yourself some factory lugnits and some smooth centercaps and itll look alot etter

AlaskanTrucker379

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
get yourself some factory lugnits and some smooth centercaps and itll look alot etter

TDS didnt have the right lug nuts so I had to get the ones with the threads on the end. They stick out too far for the smooth covers to pop on. I would need to buy the hub covers with the plastic bolts in them. GMT800/suburban ones would work as well.

Anyone got a set that they dont need?

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
TDS didnt have the right lug nuts so I had to get the ones with the threads on the end. They stick out too far for the smooth covers to pop on. I would need to buy the hub covers with the plastic bolts in them. GMT800/suburban ones would work as well.

Anyone got a set that they dont need?

i would go to a local yard and get some lugnuts for the centers

AlaskanTrucker379

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in a Alaska, The biggest town within 100 miles of me is 20,000 people. Their isn't junkyards around here like in the 48. Hahaha

AlaskanTrucker379

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been really busy with other stuff and havnt had time to do much. Noticed I was leaking antifreeze and as temps dropped, Kept leaking more and more. At -30* F, I was going through about a quart a day.... :X Finally found where it was coming from. Turns out it was where the radiator hose goes into the reservoir. Found out the fitting is part of the tank, so I set off to find a new radiator.

Yesterday I finally took the front end apart and replaced my bent bumper and all the mounts with the ones I purchased. Took a lot longer than I thought it would. Was expecting just a couple bolts with an air wrench but that's never the case is it? Turns out nothing fit right, everything was rusted and corroded, and it ended up taking a few hours just to swap out a stupid bumper! Radiator came in at the perfect time. Had the grill out from the bumper change so I parked it in the corner of the shop and decided I would do the radiator while it was apart. What would I do with out my other vehicles!?

Better part of the day just on changing the radiator. All the stupid lines and hoses are such a pain in the ass to remove and reattach. Vehicles aren't getting easier to work, that's for sure. My first gen w250 cummins, you can completely take apart with a single set of standard wrenches! Will flush then entire system with water and cascade dish soap tomorrow. Hopefully on the road again by Christmas eve.

Changing bumper

Disassembled

New rad in

Ya know after putting a new bumper and radiator in, I'm probably going to hit a moose or other animal and have to do it all over again.