First Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MistorFox

Reaction score
Hello and thanks for having me. I just got my first truck. I have been a faithful Volvo owner until my brother-in-law sold me his 1992 Chevy K2500 Silverado.
I have tons of questions. I would like to confirm my engine, according to a google search on VIN it says I have a 350.
The only thing I know about the transmission is that it is manual. The shifter has the following speeds: L, 1, 2, 3, OD. I am curious on what transmission I have. Also curious what the L gear is and how it should be used.
According to O'Reilly's website when I entered my VIN this is what it comes up with:

1992 Chevrolet K2500 Pickup 4WD
Silverado - V8 - 5.7L 350ci GAS TBI vin K - 2 valve OHV

If you guys could help me out with some basic info I can start asking more questions :)
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Trio

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello and thanks for having me. I just got my first truck. I have been a faithful Volvo owner until my brother-in-law sold me his 1992 Chevy K2500 Silverado.
I have tons of questions. I would like to confirm my engine, according to a google search on VIN it says I have a 350.
The only thing I know about the transmission is that it is manual. The shifter has the following speeds: L, 1, 2, 3, OD. I am curious on what transmission I have. Also curious what the L gear is and how it should be used.
According to O'Reilly's website when I entered my VIN this is what it comes up with:

1992 Chevrolet K2500 Pickup 4WD
Silverado - V8 - 5.7L 350ci GAS TBI vin K - 2 valve OHV

If you guys could help me out with some basic info I can start asking more questions :)

Welcome.

RPO code MT8 on your sticker should be a NV4500 manual transmission. That is a desirable one.

And where's the pics? :)

MistorFox

Reaction score
Welcome.

RPO code MT8 on your sticker should be a NV4500 manual transmission. That is a desirable one.

And where's the pics? :)
Can you tell me what the "L" gear is for? I always start in first.
I sent him his build sheet. Very cool LD 2500 Extra Cab. Yes, lotsa pics needed!
I will be taking pictures soon. It's been cold and I have been busy with work. I am putting in a new fuel filter, dash speakers, a new Ignition Control Module, new coil in on Sunday, March 10th as long as my weather app is telling the truth.

All the parts I have put in so far.

Putting the new cap, wires, and plugs in.

It was running just fine before I put in the Cap, Rotor, Plugs, K&N Air Filter, K&N Fuel Filter, and oil change.
Now it just randomly dies, no sputter or anything. My initial google research said change the coil. After talking to the parts shop they said it was mostly the Ignition Control Module and thought when I was changing the cap and wires that I might have unplugged one of the connectors. I checked and everything was snug, so I ordered a Ignition Control Module. Further research says it could be fuel pressure. Since I put in the Free Flow K&N Fuel I was thinking that was messing things up so I bought a new OEM fuel filter to replace the K&N one with.

Hopefully with these three parts it solves the random dying problem.

Last edited:

Trio

I'm Awesome
Reaction score