‘97 5.7 build w 0411 swap bypassing the supercharger questions…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97SWBCHEVY

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So after numerous suggestions I’ve taken the Powerdyne supercharger out of equation for now by bypassing the plumbing and putting a basic cold air intake on the truck in order to get a good baseline tune and starting point and the truck is actually driveable now and better than it has been since I started this project, including after it left the “tuner” shop… It’s still gonna need to be tuned but I have a few more things to get figured out before I get there…
Around 4500 rpm’s the truck starts poppin and banging sounding kinda like it has a rev-limiter on it… The FMU for the Powerdyne appears to be vacuum operated (if that makes sense) one vacuum line comes off the intake, two more coming directly off of the plumbing at the supercharger, I basically plugged both of these off…so do I need to bypass this FMU and find/buy the factory fuel lines to run the fuel lines direct like it came from the factory? Could this FMU be the cause of the popping and banging at 4500+ rpm’s? Should I go ahead and replace/upgrade the factory style fuel pump with something bigger/better??? The spider is the new style and brand new but the injectors are the normal factory size injectors…
Also I’ve checked and cleaned my main grounds from the block to the frame and the one to the body but I’m still getting a lot of flickering in my instrument cluster especially in the fuel gauge…any ideas???
Any input will be greatly appreciated!
Shane
You must be registered for see images attach