Finally! GMT800 style towing mirrors on GMT400.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
there was a guy on gmfs or fsc that put led's behind his mirror and made it a turn signal mirror. it's been a while since i've seen it though. ill look it up for you.
I already have plans for that. I took one mirror apart out of curiosity, and low and behold there is a translucent portion of the glass where a signal would be. I'd like to find OEM modules for it but it seems impossible since they are only available with the glass itself.
You must be registered for see images attach

I wasn't sure about these at first, but I think I figured out what it is. I don't like the look of plastic. The front valance on the OBS trucks is fine, but other than that, no thanks. I think these would look better sanded and painted either to match or painted black. I don't like how plastic has become the new thing for NBS's, makes 'em look less like trucks. The mirrors fit well though.
I honestly don't mind the plastic, it matches my valance, side trim and step pads very well. On this truck I wouldn't even consider painting them a gloss color because they would be scratched to hell in no time. Just today i ended up stuffing one into the brush backing the trailer up in the snow. The textured plastic is very durable in the regard of scratch resistance.

95ukawn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice! they look real good on your truck! i also agree on the plastics matching yor truck, maybe a 94+ grille would match even better??? ..... also, i like the light setup on your diesel bumper fits way better then my lights, got any pics of the brackets or installation for those brackets i read yor other thread about yor lights but cant really see yor bracket too well.

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In your first few pictures I had mixed feeling on these but the new shots during the day really does them justice. Looks awesome. Kinda makes me want a pair especially for the heated glass. Thanks for another great write up 88.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I swear to god I saw a thread somewhere on how some guy literally ground away the metal backing so he could install LEDs on the backside of the glass.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
In your first few pictures I had mixed feeling on these but the new shots during the day really does them justice. Looks awesome. Kinda makes me want a pair especially for the heated glass. Thanks for another great write up 88.
Adding power control was a great upgrade for me, but the heated glass is just awesome. I've used it a ton of times.

I swear to god I saw a thread somewhere on how some guy literally ground away the metal backing so he could install LEDs on the backside of the glass.
I think it was a link on FSC and it was long, long ago IIRC. The link I had to that one is long dead.

and as predicted, the Dodge mirrors are sold, GM mirrors should be in this week some time.
Ah, went the GM route eh? This will be much simpler to install that is for sure.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, I picked em up today and am about to head out to the garage and try installing them. I think the wiring harness may be my issue, but some wire cutters and butt connectors will solve that. Who knows, here goes nothing!

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
after a trip to the er with a 3rd degree burn, they dont fit without crazy cutting..... I'll return em and figure something out.