Finally! GMT800 style towing mirrors on GMT400.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Who knows for real where these mirrors come from, they all could be assembled by the same 6 year old Chinese kids, regardless of the supplier. I say that because mine are from 1A Auto, and I hope they don't crack like the ones you guys are running. Knock on wood, mine are holding up just fine, and they added a new level of farvigmt400nugen to my driving experience.

1A Auto has the K2XX mirrors now? Dang, I got my GMT800 style from them because they were the only place to have them heated for our trucks, at the time at least. But when I got the K2XX style I didn't see them selling them. If they were I would've bought them from them again so if I did/do have a problem with mine (knock on wood) I would at least be dealing with a reputable company and not someone on eBay.

Erickluc

Reaction score
So tonight I finally wired up the turn signals on the mirrors which wasn't bad at all. I did notice that the courtesy light and the running lights in the mirror are wired together, is there any of separating them without taking the mirror apart? Tomorrow I am going to try and figure out the mirror power wiring since you posted a wiring diagram to follow which helps a lot.

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
So tonight I finally wired up the turn signals on the mirrors which wasn't bad at all. I did notice that the courtesy light and the running lights in the mirror are wired together, is there any of separating them without taking the mirror apart? Tomorrow I am going to try and figure out the mirror power wiring since you posted a wiring diagram to follow which helps a lot.

With the way they are wired together I see no way of separation without disassembly of the mirror. Not to mention you have to run a completely new wire through the mirror to act as the power to either the glass or the clerance light. Whichever one you cut.

metalmagget

Reaction score
I plugged in the 4 way plug, cut the wires and stripped them back and began the hunt. This is on my 1995 dually with power unheated mirrors. Up was yellow,down was orange,green was out,orange with stripe was in. I began the search and here's the result,your mileage may vary,
1.Yellow wire goes to orange with stripe,
2. green to green
3.orange to orange.
4.orange wire with stripe to yellow.
With this setup its fully functional with the factory switch no other wiring was needed just change up the wires,hope this helps someone else......

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I plugged in the 4 way plug, cut the wires and stripped them back and began the hunt. This is on my 1995 dually with power unheated mirrors. Up was yellow,down was orange,green was out,orange with stripe was in. I began the search and here's the result,your mileage may vary,
1.Yellow wire goes to orange with stripe,
2. green to green
3.orange to orange.
4.orange wire with stripe to yellow.
With this setup its fully functional with the factory switch no other wiring was needed just change up the wires,hope this helps someone else......
So, yours are power telescoping?

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

metalmagget

Reaction score
No just power mirror movement,even though they plugged in they would not operate on the switch.I changed up the wires until they worked correctly with my switch.

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Alright, I know some people are always a little bit confused on how to double-diode isolate the running lights on the tow mirrors to make them both running lights and turn signals. Rather it be the GMT800 style mirrors or the K2XX style mirrors, and I know I've had some people ask me how I did it so I made a wiring diagram that pertains to both the GMT800 style and the K2XX style. I know there are some diagrams earlier in the thread but I thought, "What the heck." I already made it, I might as well post it publicly in here and the K2XX mirror thread 97PROSHOZ71 made.

You only need to worry about the left side of the diagram if you have the GMT800 style mirrors, the right side of the diagram under the sentence that has K2XX in it pertains to the glass arrow on the K2XX mirrors.

It's also only the power side of the circuit since you don't have to mess with the ground side.

(right click on image and open in new tab to get full size image, or just click it and download it from my Flickr)

You must be registered for see images attach

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
I know it's a old thread but here are the ones going on my truck I took them all apart and sanded them down with 80 grit then 180 then primer good couple coats then 320 then paint I'm just doing single stage enamel frost white. The entire truck is getting worked on right now. But this is one mirror done.