Finally! GMT800 style towing mirrors on GMT400.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I'd say if your truck was 1 inch lower it wouldn't work, but man you pulled it off great with that truck, IMO any truck that gets these mirrors has to be lifted with wide ass tires.

Today I built a whole GMT900 heated, power fold mirror in 1:46 mins, with all the parts in my cell, and that's with the actuator already scewed on the bracket, that's how we get them in the cell. :) Just thought I'd share that since were on the topic of mirrors.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
We don't make that mirror, but I only assemble, I'm not sure what you can order by itself, but for that turn signal in the glass, it's a special piece of glass that has the triangular cut out with it, so in order to get the turn signal like that, it's a different wiring harness, different glass and the actual module itself.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I understand you don't make these mirrors, however they are modeled after the GM ones obviously. Now, I actually took the glass apart on one of mine and the backside has the same mounting point for the LED module, and has translucent glass in that area. I tested it with a red LED and they show through just fine, just don't have the triangular cutout like the OEM mirrors. As far as wiring, I already have signal and ground in the mirror so it's just a matter or splicing them in.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand you don't make these mirrors, however they are modeled after the GM ones obviously. Now, I actually took the glass apart on one of mine and the backside has the same mounting point for the LED module, and has translucent glass in that area. I tested it with a red LED and they show through just fine, just don't have the triangular cutout like the OEM mirrors. As far as wiring, I already have signal and ground in the mirror so it's just a matter or splicing them in.

there was a guy on gmfs or fsc that put led's behind his mirror and made it a turn signal mirror. it's been a while since i've seen it though. ill look it up for you.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I wasn't sure about these at first, but I think I figured out what it is. I don't like the look of plastic. The front valance on the OBS trucks is fine, but other than that, no thanks. I think these would look better sanded and painted either to match or painted black. I don't like how plastic has become the new thing for NBS's, makes 'em look less like trucks. The mirrors fit well though.