FastOrange Build Thread: 1989 4x4 StepSide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
Damn the Luv is badass..my first "truck" was an black 76 Mikado and it's still sitting in my backyard.

As for the rollbar, I happen to like it in the 89 but then again, that's my redneck taste.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea no doubt on the back yard I'll take a smoothie and I'd run that roll bar anyday. I just tracked one down for my fleetside 88 awhile back, yours looks in much better shape too.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I met Sewlow on my way back from Cuba!, he gave me a set of smoothie bumpers, Big Thanks and very nice to meet someone off the site!

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
so the rear bumper i got off sewlow is going to need slight modification to fit on a stepside box, didn't even realize they used different bumpers!, but no big deal!

Left my camera in my GF's truck, ill take pictures when i get it back.

thanks again Sewlow!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
You're not a true hotrodder till you have to modify something! Hmmm, didn't realize the bumpers were different.

Side note. Your lady seems very nice. Treat her right!

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
You're not a true hotrodder till you have to modify something! Hmmm, didn't realize the bumpers were different.

Side note. Your lady seems very nice. Treat her right!

I didnt either! i put it beside the one on my truck, and notice the stepside has a bigger cut out for the sides of the box

Took these with my phone, sorry about quality!

as you can see, stepside cut out is nearly two sections of the design on the pad, Fleetside isnt even one section

really nothing a cutoff wheel cant fix.

Stepside:
You must be registered for see images

Fleetside:
You must be registered for see images

and thanks man! shes the perfect girl for me, haha, a true down to earth country girl.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
did a bunch to the truck, cranked her up in the front to level her out, took off the trailer hitch, undercoated frame/wheel wells and she rolled over 400,000KM today!

so here is some upto date pics.

You must be registered for see images attach

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, nice truck and great thread! Your licensing system sucks, but that D&D law is downright Draconian :thumbsdown:! I didn't have to go through that much crap to get a CDL, to drive big trucks! The truck is looking better and better with every set of pictures :evillol:. I love watching a fixer upper come together, just wish that I had the money to get my **** in gear. Good job dude!