Everybody's favorite mufflers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
the longshot glass backs that are 2.5 feet long have baffles in them and are quieter than my flowmaster i have 2 18 inch glasspacks on my 88 and love the sound but it is really loud and gets the cops called on me :nono:

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Loud is relative, straights are common here and are much louder than glasspacks. I had no cats and no mufflers on my '92 RCSB, and hi-flow cats and no mufflers on my '05 F-150. That '05 F-150 would raise the dead it was unreal how loud that thing was.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
My setup is y pipe 3 in to single in dual our 40 series 3 in out and dumped under my pan I wanna add headers and swap the 40 for a spintech or borla

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
Loud is relative, straights are common here and are much louder than glasspacks. I had no cats and no mufflers on my '92 RCSB, and hi-flow cats and no mufflers on my '05 F-150. That '05 F-150 would raise the dead it was unreal how loud that thing was.

my 88 can be herd over a half mile through the woods and my dad can hear me coming home when im almost 3 miles out if im getting on it. its got shorty headers true duals with burnt out glasspacks and 3.5'' tips

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My '94 has dual exhaust, dual Thunderbolt cats, Flowmaster 40s, and big tips behind the tires. If the Flowmasters ever go bad, its getting Spintech Super Prostreet mufflers. I have a set of Edelbrock headers for it too, just haven't got them on yet.

Luke

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Magnaflow and dynomax are all I would run.

Probably because the 05 had more power.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Magnaflow and dynomax are all I would run.

Probably because the 05 had more power.

I know the '05 definitely had more horses, but I affectionately called that truck the F-Slow Fifty. It was never in a hurry to get anywhere haha

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a delta 40 3" I/O dumped right past the muffler on my 89. It was amazing, everyone loved it except me and the wife when we took it on a 400 mile trip. Wholly **** the drone was the worst. I will never do that again. I think I am going to do a DI/DO Magnaflow on my 97 'Hoe and run it out the back and dump it at the fender line on the bottom behind the passenger tire.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Ive got true dual 2.25s (no cats) back to 2 flowmaster 10 series muffles (SI/SO 3") dumped before rear axle (no turn downs, just open mufflers). It sounds soo throaty and raw when you first start it and take off, after they get warm it calms down a TINY bit, but at WOT its unxplainable how great it sounds. Ill have to get a good HQ video of it.