Everybody's favorite mufflers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
So I'm a big straight pipe fan...had them on my '93 RCSB, '92 RSCB, '99 ECSB, '05 F-Slowfitty...however, living in an apartment complex (soon) I don't want people to complain about the truck being loud. It currently has a dual set up with some sort of crappy muffler, single in dual out before the wheel well.

I'm looking into a Magnaflow single-in dual-out, I've always like the deep throaty sounds of the ones on youtube. Don't want to go as far as converting it to true duals, just want to replace the muffler. I want it to be a little louder and meaner that it is right now.

Anybody got similar set-ups?

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got Magnaflow single in dual out myself... It's a great muffler when warm, pretty quiet at idle, roars when stomped on, and quiet at cruise... The PO was 40ish so he liked it a little quieter, I'm going to switch to a Flowmaster 40 series when I redo it, what can I say, I'm a kid who likes to have a loud vehicle that everyone notices :lol: Not a big fan of straight pipes myself on gas vehicles, mostly because of the choppy idle that I've heard...

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
i like my 40 with no cat it sounds awesome to me shawn has heard it idk if he likes it or not but i like it and the cherry bomb vortex also sounds good there is the cb extreme as well but i didnt care for it to much

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i like my 40 with no cat it sounds awesome to me shawn has heard it idk if he likes it or not but i like it and the cherry bomb vortex also sounds good there is the cb extreme as well but i didnt care for it to much

Yeah yours sounds pretty awesome Jake! Like an ear ****** :lol::lol:

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
I've got magnaflows and I like how they dont drone and how they are a straight through design, but I wish they had a little deeper tone. When I redo my exhaust I'll either get a 18 or 22 inch case magnaflow ( I have the 14") or borla. Magnaflow also has a lifetime warranty and are all stainless steel if you're worried about it rusting out