dynamat and/or other sound proofing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Valkyrie5.7

Thrashaholic
Reaction score
then I sealed the major openings in the sheetmetal with sheetmetal (which had also been treated with raammat and spectrum) and very small self tapping screws, which will let me remove them and replace them should I need to for repairs or something in the door.

This is a great idea. I'm definitely going to employ it when I sound proof my doors. Thanks for the tip!

dante81_98

Reaction score
seems pretty reasonable. which specific version did you use?

I don't remember what I used. It has been so long ago. They were kind of an upstart when I got my stuff. Now they have so much stuff I don't even know where to start.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no prob, its been working well for me, just be careful when you install them not to pierce any of the wiring going up to the lock actuators or anything like that.

Reaction score
Years ago when I was into Car Audio competitions, a real high level guy turned me on to the Mastic material that McMaster Carr had.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#polymeric-mastic-sheets/=86ci2s
I have been using it for a while now on different cars, but not yet on my Tahoe. I am currently in the process of a cleaning of the carpets and panels so I will have everything out. I intend to add several sheets of the material to the Hoe before reinstalling everything. I'll take pics of before and after.

A heat gun (essential) and a good utility roller from a hardware store will help in affixing the material to the sheetmetal and getting things to stick to the folds and corners. Also a large nail helps in creating holes to bleed any air that get's trapped.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used Brown Bread, I got the uplevel stuff its identical to Dynamat Extreme. I used 3 layers thick everywhere I could. Helps shut up the outside world but there's a lot of glass still.

Proth1975

Reaction score
Interesting on the McMaster-Carr. I did some window flashing from Home Depot in my GTO. I put it on 2 layers thick, and used a heat gun to apply. No tar smell whatsoever. Sad thing is, it killed a lot of the exhaust noise coming up from the rear.

-P