Sound deadening in doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear a lot of road noise. Should I install noico? If so, I am assuming the floor, headliner, back wall. Yes or no? It's so loud in my truck people think that I have the window down. Does this mean that maybe noico won't stop that but possibly the door seals? Ideas?
Door seals and window seals are always a factor in wind noise. Also, how’s your fender/door alignment? Your fenders should not be flush with the doors, they should “stick out” just a bit more than the door. This will help with noise.

I am going to do Noico in my truck. Doors, floor, firewall, rear of cab, and a thin layer on the roof. As long as panels and carpet go back together fine you can pretty much put it anywhere.

Sean Sills

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Door seals and window seals are always a factor in wind noise. Also, how’s your fender/door alignment? Your fenders should not be flush with the doors, they should “stick out” just a bit more than the door. This will help with noise.

I am going to do Noico in my truck. Doors, floor, firewall, rear of cab, and a thin layer on the roof. As long as panels and carpet go back together fine you can pretty much put it anywhere.
Can anyone tell me about how many sq. Ft I need to do floor doors and headliner?

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hear a lot of road noise. Should I install noico? If so, I am assuming the floor, headliner, back wall. Yes or no? It's so loud in my truck people think that I have the window down. Does this mean that maybe noico won't stop that but possibly the door seals? Ideas?
Turn up radio

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used one and a half of these to do WCJr, which is a regular cab. I bought another to go with the leftover half for Roscoe, also a regular cab. I covered the floorpan, partway up the firewall, the back wall, and put some on the inside of the outer skin of the doors to eliminate tinniness.

For Roscoe I also bought a sheet of this, made a cardboard template, and cut it to fit the roof above the headliner.

That's about $85 in materials, quite a bit cheaper than the trendy stuff. WCJr's pretty quiet with the windows up. Roscoe's still sitting, awaiting reassembly.